Visitor
patricklanglois

Home Theatre with Wireless Rear Speakers

I am currently shopping a new home theatre system for my 46' Samsung 3D TV Series 7000 and I'm wondering if there are ANY systems that come out of the box with Wireless Rear Speakers? The Samsung ones all need the wireless adapter (SWA-5000), wondering if there is a system I can get and avoid any other extra accessories.

Thanks!

Exalted Expert
Exalted Expert
hb

Re: Home Theatre with Wireless Rear Speakers

[ Edited ]

Yes, there are surround sound systems that come with "out of the box" wireless surround speakers. For example the Samsung HT-D6730W system (a model not sold by Future Shop) includes the SWA-5000 wireless transmitter and receiver modules. That system will also cost you a fair bit more than the "wireless ready" Samsung systems sold by Future Shop - and considering that the SWA-5000 kit can be purchased from several retailers in Canada for under $200 you may still be saving money by purchasing these two components separately.

Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador
Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador
XL

Re: Home Theatre with Wireless Rear Speakers

Depending on your room walls, you can also consider "sound projectors" or "sound bars". They mount the speakers into a single enclosure to bounce the rear channels to you. Love it as there are no wires, but the sound won't be as good as having proper speakers at the back.
© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.