Visitor
Question95384

what do you think about N.I traktor s4?

what do you think about N.I traktor s4?
Contributor
DJStryker

Re: what do you think about N.I traktor s4?

I personally cant wait to get my hands on one. I have been using the Vestax VCI-100 for quite some time now and it would be great to see what this thing can do. Just by looking at the youtube videos I am very excited. :smileyhappy:

Visitor
merderah

Re: what do you think about N.I traktor s4?

[ Edited ]

got one the day after it was released. worth it? definitely! seamless integration with the software, great low latency... getting your windows system to run it smoothly can be a bit tricky at first. thought it was a driver issue - and it is. (check google for traktor s4 freeze/latency) it creates its own latency spikes (real annoying) but can be controlled by killing useless processes/apps in the background. apparently was designed to be used with OS X - and the s4 LOVES my OS X installation. 

there's one thing that could be better is the headphone plug... sometimes it drops audio - tap it, and it'll work again. might be bad connection inside...

anyhow, minus those two minor issues (minor since there are work-arounds), the s4 makes the allen & heath controllers look like they're overpriced, makes all the entry level controllers look like junk... and sets the bar a bit higher for next gen dj controllers!

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.