Announcements

Today we announced that Best Buy and Future Shop are consolidating as Best Buy. This means the products, services, and features you have come to expect from Future Shop and FutureShop.ca will now be available at Best Buy and BestBuy.ca. We have plans to invest up to $200 million to build a leading multi-channel customer experience on the Best Buy brand.

Visit futureshop.ca for more details & click here to learn more about what this means for the Tech Yeah Community.

Please visit the Best Buy Plug-in Toys, Games, Collectibles & Musical Instruments forum to get your questions answered.

Visitor

what do you think about N.I traktor s4?

what do you think about N.I traktor s4?
Contributor

Re: what do you think about N.I traktor s4?

I personally cant wait to get my hands on one. I have been using the Vestax VCI-100 for quite some time now and it would be great to see what this thing can do. Just by looking at the youtube videos I am very excited. :smileyhappy:

Visitor

Re: what do you think about N.I traktor s4?

[ Edited ]

got one the day after it was released. worth it? definitely! seamless integration with the software, great low latency... getting your windows system to run it smoothly can be a bit tricky at first. thought it was a driver issue - and it is. (check google for traktor s4 freeze/latency) it creates its own latency spikes (real annoying) but can be controlled by killing useless processes/apps in the background. apparently was designed to be used with OS X - and the s4 LOVES my OS X installation. 

there's one thing that could be better is the headphone plug... sometimes it drops audio - tap it, and it'll work again. might be bad connection inside...

anyhow, minus those two minor issues (minor since there are work-arounds), the s4 makes the allen & heath controllers look like they're overpriced, makes all the entry level controllers look like junk... and sets the bar a bit higher for next gen dj controllers!

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.