The Captain

Which vitamins (if any) do you use to supplement your diet?

[ Edited ]

What are some good "everyday" vitamins to consider using to supplement one's diet? I know it is better to consume your nutrients through healthy food, but I find it difficult some days to eat the suggested amount of food from each food group of Canada's Food Guide, so I thought it might be good to look into ways to supplement when necessary.

Are there any safe "everyday" vitamins that are particularly good?

Luminary
0 Kudos

Re: Which vitamins (if any) do you use to supplement your diet?

I go with the good ol' Flinstones gummies. But since I am almost 37, maybe it's time I look at other options. Recos?

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

one of the best supplement or multivitamins is USANA ESSENTIALS. it has thereutic claim and guaranteed to prevent and treat vitamin and mineral deficiency and supports immune function. USANA ESSENTIALS is also teh Editor's Choice in the 2013 edition of Nutrisearch -Comparative Guide to Nutritional Supplements, which proves the products quality.For more about Usana Essentials and othe nutritional products please visit jpteodoro.usana.com
Highlighted
Legendary Oracle
0 Kudos

I am one to avoid pills, I prefer to watch my diet.

Being of Mediteranean origin, I have a mixed diet mainly Middle Eastern foods or style of cooking, that my Mom and Granmother taught me. Nothing in excess..,except Belgian chocolate.

My body tells me what I need, so if I have too much white on my nails, it's time to get some vitamin D and A foods etc..

If I find that my energy is low, it's time for Fava beans and liver, spinach and other ethnic dishes.

I substitute pills for food, not the other way around, I can't fathom nutrition from a pill bottle.