Visitor
futureechoes

Car Starter LED trouble

I just got a Compustar 1-way remote starter (1WSHSF), and the antenna is mounted in the top left corner of the windshield.  The antenna has a bright blue LED that flashes whether the car is running or not, driving or not.  Am I forever doomed to have a bright blue light flashing in my eyes while I'm driving?  The unit was installed at Futureshop.

Recognized Expert
Recognized Expert
Stu

Re: Car Starter LED trouble

Did you have your power locks hooked up to the remote start as well? If not, press unlock on the remote.   The blue light in the antenna should only flash when the remote start is armed (by locking the vehicle), only to act as a theft deterrent. 
-Stu

MECP Certified Advanced Installer
Visitor
futureechoes

No dice.  It's hooked up to the power door locks, which I use to unlock my car each time anyway.  Light still flashes.  Any other suggestions?
Trusted Expert
ShwaCarInstall

the compustar LED should work as follows:

Hit lock button (car not running)-> car locks and LED starts flashing

Hit unlock button (car not running)-> car unlocks and LED stops flashing (untill lock is pushed or passive locking is timed out. 60 seconds)

Hit remote start -> car starts LED still flashing - hitting unlock after this should unlock the doors and turn off the LED (or when foot brake is pushed)

if yours is not functioning like this, make an appointement at any future shop with a connectpro bay - and bring in your receipt and work order. They will check the functionability of the unit, to determine if there is an issue.

cheers

don't to forget post if you solve the issue!!!
© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.