Visitor
white6

Nordic NAHRLCD4 Remote Starter System

Hey

I have an 04 GMC Sierra with this remote starter system. The battery got drained and the remote hasnt worked since.

I found the re-programming instructions on here, but it hasnt worked. The park lights will flash, my blue indicator light works, but when it comes to the last step (pressing the lock button) my remote doesn't beep nor does the truck respond.. so is my remote shot or something else??? I don't think it can be the antenna wire as nothing came near that..  Suggestions and help will be greatly appreciated!!

Recognized Expert
Recognized Expert
Stu

Re: Nordic NAHRLCD4 Remote Starter System

Take a look at this post to verify you have the correct instructions

Basically, flash the hood pin by holding it down for at least 4 seconds, releasing it, and the a quick press and release. At this point if your parking lights are hooked up, they should be on, and the blue light on your antenna should be on solid, indicating you are in programming mode. From this point you have 20 seconds to complete the remote programming. 

Now enter your vehicle, turn the key to the run position, and right back off. Now press and hold the lock button (takes a few seconds)... you will then hear from the brain installed under the dash 5 clicking sounds and/or your parking lights flash 5 times if connected. This means your remote is now connected to the brain. 

If that doesnt work, try replacing the remote battery, and check to ensure that your antenna is properly connected.

-Stu

MECP Certified Advanced Installer
Visitor
PABARNES

Re: Nordic NAHRLCD4 Remote Starter System alarm issue

We purchased a Honda that came with the Nordic NAHRLCD4. A couple of days ago the dealership activated it and all was well until today. My husband used the remote to start the car while the hood was up. Ever since then when I use the key fob [to unlock the car, or start the car] the alarm goes off until I use the remote to lock the doors. Can you explain how we can stop this alarm issue?

We did not receive any owners manual. Do you know how we can get a copy?

Thanks.

Recognized Expert
Recognized Expert
Stu

If you have the LCD screen on the remote, it should be able to tell you which sensor has been set off. Im guessing its the hood pin, since you mentioned the hood. I would check the hood pin to make sure that its operating correctly, and not corroded.  If your husband had the hood opened while he remote started the car, there is probably an issue, because the system is designed not to start with the hood opened. 

Thats the easiest thing to check for, if that doesnt work, I would take it back to the place that activated it for you, and get them to take a look at it. 

-Stu

Visitor
white6

Hey

yes these are the directions that i followed and already changed the battery in the remote. It's when I hit the lock button that nothing happens. I'll hafta double check that the antenna light goes solid but I know it's still always flashing when the trucks parked and locked. By changing the trucks battery how could something of happened to the antenna wire?

Recognized Expert
Recognized Expert
Stu

If it's not getting the lock signal from the remote, either the remote is not sending the signal, or the antenna is not receiving the signal. If it's neither of those two, then there is an issue with the brain itself.  If those instructions aren't working, then unfortunately, you will have to take your vehicle into Future Shop to have it serviced for you. I noticed from your other post that that's quite a haul for you, but you may have no other option.. the reasons listed above are the only causes why the remote wouldn't pair with the brain. 

-Stu

Visitor
reaper86

hello, i just got a neon with this same starter/alarm, i was wondering if anyone knows how to adjust the sensitivity? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance

Contributor
ArtOttawa
Job Title: Associate
Store: Ottawa East

if you have this model of remote you should bring you vehicle to a Future Shop have it checked over this model did have a recall on (for certain month) they have date stamped on the back of the main brain (this will not repair the remote if there is an issue with it but if it falls under the recall the main brain will be swapped out  

Art

Visitor
Lylee

I have two of these remotes. 1 will not transmit and the 2nd works, but drains the battery within a day. Is there anyone that repairs them, or can replacement be purchased?

Visitor
fehris

I have the Nordic  NS-5050TW-FM model and the blue light is constantly on. Also, setting the start will not work. My car is a manual, and what I normally did last year doesn't work this year. Also, whether I change the battery in the remote, the remote continuously restarts. I have tried taking it out, getting a new battery, tightening the back screw, it will not stay constantly on. Any idea what is going on?

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.