Gaming Announcements

Contributor
Jimboe1979

Re: FREE Assassins Creed Liberation SteelBook with pre-orders!

Why doesn't futureshop try shipping preorders out the day before release day, at least do it at the end of the day to give more people a chance of receiving their game on the actual release day.  (competitor) does it in the United States.  In the UK there are multiple online stores that usually deliver the games on or even earlier than the release day.

When you're taking dollars and cents, I guarantee that you would be selling way more online preorders if people found out there was a slim chance that they could get their game early.

Emerging Expert
CaptainFalcon

In most major cities, customers who purchase online will typically get thier game day 1, or the day after. It's the more rural areas that are a challenges, and there are legal restrictions on our end that prevent us from shipping games before a certain date.

Corporately (and personally), we want to make it so games arrive the day of release for customers. Just like anything, a lot of investigating needs to be done to ensure we can 100% execute it before we start advertising such a program. 

I can say that this is being worked on, but requires a lot of work and investigating as we have to look at it almost by city in most cases.

Contributor
Jimboe1979

If that's the case get customers to fill out a simple survey with every order when it's all said and done..Sure not everyone will respond to them, but those who do will supply you with valuable information.

Trusted Expert
Atomic

They are already doing this!

Emerging Expert
theOceaner

[ Edited ]

Jimboe1979 wrote:

If that's the case get customers to fill out a simple survey with every order when it's all said and done..Sure not everyone will respond to them, but those who do will supply you with valuable information.

Everytime you visit the website, there'll be a survey popping up at some point during your visit.

Honestly feel some people are frustrated without using their common sense.

Contributor
chicoquente

CaptainFalcon... Just wondering if there is any answer as to whether or not these steelbooks will be available to those of us that ordered before the announcement? This book looks awesome and I would love to get one!

Recognized Expert / Community Ambassador
debaser17

Earlier in the thread:

CaptainFalcon wrote:

This will not be retroactively added to existing pre-orders. We would like to, but our system can't execute that functionality.

photo sig-community-ambassador-of-the-year-en_zps4bd74fc6.jpg

photo sig-gaming-member-of-the-year-en_zps7916bdcb.jpg
Contributor
chicoquente

Sorry, my bad. I somehow overlooked that. I'm confused why they were being added to other games orders? I just got an email with a code to let me add AC3 steelbox to my preorder from prior to that announcement.
Emerging Expert
CaptainFalcon

The "add to existing order" function in our web platform is a bit buggy. The promo code, is a sure fire way to ensure people get their SteelBook. This is beneficial in the sense that customers can even track and see where their SteelBook is.

I'll be doing a much larger post about this in the coming days. 

Contributor
chicoquente

Ok, good to know. Here's to hoping they decide to go with some promo codes for those of us that have Liberation pre-ordered. I really want that steelbook but I had a one time use coupon code on my order and I don't want to lose it and do a new order. I'll keep wishing this is used  again for Liberation! :smileyhappy:

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.