Gaming Announcements

Emerging Expert
CaptainFalcon

FREE New Super Mario Bros U SteelBook with pre-orders!

Hi everyone,

I've been holding off on posting this for awhile, but now I can finally talk about it! I'm very please to announce the Future Shop Exclusive New Super Mario Bros U SteelBook that is FREE with New Super Mario Bros U pre-orders!

The below images don't do this SteelBook justice. After seeing the first sample of the SteelBook, I have to say it looks really clean, and sleek.

A few months back I was able to get some hands on gameplay with NSMB U, and the gameplay is very innovative; especially with the Wii U Gamepad. That being said, I'm really looking forward to this release.

Pre-order New Super Mario Bros U Here:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/miscellaneous-new-super-mario-bros-u-nintendo-wii-u-do-not-us...

SteelBook Exterior:

10210223_1.JPG

SteelBook Interior:

SteelBook NSMB-U int.JPG

Emerging Expert
Steelbooks

Re: FREE New Super Mario Bros U SteelBook with pre-orders!

Will it be colored in?  Or have backgrounds?

Read your post but am wondering what you saw.

Emerging Expert
QuagsireQing

I guess we'll have to see it in person, because the preview images look really lazy and bland; just some stock artwork pasted onto a white background.  Any chance of getting some photos of the sample?

Emerging Expert
CaptainFalcon

Sadly, I didn't take photos of the sample proofs before they needed to be shipped off to the printers. I only have the proofs for a few hours before I have to get them express shipped :smileysad:

I was a bit skeptical at first, but after seeing the proofs, the SteelBook looks great. The thought process behind the look of the SteelBook, was to go with a very clean look that tied in with the Wii U console; since both the game and console launch same day.

Emerging Expert
TripleQ

I guess its too late to ask for a black background to match the deluxe console? Or blue to match the wii u cases?

Ps what exactly are blue toad and yoshi doing?
Contributor
KPersia

Lmao!

Emerging Expert
Steelbooks

Really?  So it was too hard to just paste the regular case for the steelbook?  

So just a plain steelbook with mario stickers?.......

Contributor
KPersia

If it's any consolation, I like it. :smileyhappy:

Visitor
maeric

This was in the most recent flyer dated November 2 - 8th (page 26).  But when going to the online link for the web id it says file not found for web id 10207440.  Also when searching for this game on Futureshop I can find it but it doesn't list anything about a steelbook even though it does for other games.  Is there some sort of mistake online?  Or is this an in store special only?

Visitor
justmedee

UGH. Just spent over 30 minutes on the phone with them to find out why I can't find the steel book offer online, he FINALLY told me that the best thing to do is go into the store and preorder it!  Incredibly frustrating.

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.