Gaming Announcements

Contributor
ashoholic

Re: Issues with Borderlands 2 SteelBook

Glad to hear some of you who received the Steelbook Code were able to order it. I wasn't so lucky and CS didnt have a real answer for me other than "we'll look into it for you". 

Emerging Expert
theOceaner

Steelbooks wrote:

... And please stop talking like you know what you're talking about. 

And so should you, bruh. You really don't seem to have more argument than me, who's the less knowledgeable and credible when you talk like this, bruh? Can you relate more on YOUR logistic and management knowledge, bruh? I'm not even on FS side as I also had issues (more meaningful issues) with them.

To Lone_Prodigy: "Should I not reasonably expect that a game I pre-ordered online would arrive on the day it's released?" No you don't. As it was never to all online retailers who do NOT mention "delivery on day and date with release day" which almost none have this statement.

"And should I not reasonably expect that if a game will be shipped/delivered late, that I be notified by the retailer?" And yes, that is an issue which I didn't disagree (see my previous posts, especially my first one) but I'm talking about people complaining not receiving on the same day as the release day.

"If 10 customers pre-order a game online and the retailer ships the game out before the release date, maybe 1 customer gets it early and the other 9 get it on time. You have 10 satisfied customers. The publisher won't care about that 1 customer who got his game early." Google about issues publishers had with games released too early and the investigations.

"Online games (which account for a majority of game releases) are inaccessible until the release date so the customer has no appreciable advantage anyway." Why are you including digital distribution in this? We all know those games are unlocked on release day. We're discussing about pre-ordering hard copy retail games online and receiving on release day.

"Not everyone is able to travel to a store to buy/pre-order a game. That's why they order online: for the convenience. If the price is the same, why not order online? The retailer saves money on inventory management, shelf space, in-store advertising, etc." I'm not against people ordering online, I'm talking people pre-ordering online and then complain they don't receive on the same day as release day.

Just keep pre-ordering online this way and you'll always stubbornly complain without ever wanting to understand.

Emerging Expert
Steelbooks

[ Edited ]

You are on FS side.  You need to calm down.  They say that the item will be recieved same day it is released yet it is not.  Sure sometimes it isn't their fault but still should tell us before hand.

Also you shouldn't run a company.

Emerging Expert
theOceaner

Steelbooks wrote:

You are on FS side...

That's it? No STRONG argument to support YOUR CLAIM that I'm on FS side? Seriously?

Steelbooks wrote:

... They say that the item will be recieved same day it is released yet it is not...

Please, enlighten me...

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/help/pre-orders-an-faq/hc8258.aspx?path=030a8647f3b561faaa0bb5c240268...

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/help/i-have-a-product-on-pre-order-when-can-i-expect-to-receive-my-or...

Steelbooks wrote:

... Also you shouldn't run a company.

As opposed to who? Someone not well informed?

Contributor
web_slinger_62

Some competitor's offer release day shipping, Future Shop does not. If you want release day shipping, shop elsewhere. Or you your life depends on it, buy the game in store on release day, then return the copy that comes in the mail.
Trusted Expert
Juice0904

First world problems, guys. First world problems.

Seriously though, there is no guarantee that anyone will receive their shipments on release day. No one from Future Shop has ever stated it, nor is it in any company policy that I have ever read, heard of or otherwise. Some are lucky and they get it on release day; others are not. It's life. Sometimes things get glitched in the system and orders don't go out right away when they are supposed to, and sometimes you just have those crummy employees who decide they just aren't going to do their job. It happens.

Calling and getting upset at CSRs who handle everything from problems with shipments to maintenance problems with TVs won't do you any good nor will it get your shipment gone any faster. Sometimes they legitimately cannot help you because they don't have the tools, or sometimes theyare just crummy employees who have decided they aren't going to do their job. It happens.

It's a well known fact that a lot of steelbook orders from Future Shop when it comes to games get sent out separately. If you haven't gotten it yet, BE PATIENT. Keep an eye on your mail, as it might come in the next few days (obviously not including the weekend). If you haven't seen it by next Friday, I'd start calling and asking what's up.

Basically, we all need to learn a bit of patience and tact. Not everything happens exactly as one expects, and sometimes you've just got to roll with it.

*sigh* First world problems....

JB
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Click on the star!

Visitor
LOTGA

Welcome to pre-ordering collector`s editions at FutureShop! Last year I pre-ordered the Hardened Edition of Modern Warfare 3 the day it was up on the website. Everything was honkey dorey, until literally the day before the game was released when I received an e-mail telling me FutureShop did not have enough inventory to meet the demand and my order had been cancelled.

I don`t trust I can get a collector`s edition at FutureShop unless I`m holding it in my hand.

Which sucks, because most times the stores in my area only end up with like five.

Emerging Expert
Steelbooks

theOceaner wrote:

Steelbooks wrote:

You are on FS side...

That's it? No STRONG argument to support YOUR CLAIM that I'm on FS side? Seriously?

Steelbooks wrote:

... They say that the item will be recieved same day it is released yet it is not...

Please, enlighten me...

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/help/pre-orders-an-faq/hc8258.aspx?path=030a8647f3b561faaa0bb5c240268...

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/help/i-have-a-product-on-pre-order-when-can-i-expect-to-receive-my-or...

Steelbooks wrote:

... Also you shouldn't run a company.

As opposed to who? Someone not well informed?

You're not well informed.

Anyways I checked FS and changed my last comment I believe on it being same day.  Anyways Ordering online is basically useless then if you don't recieve it same day.  There are only few advantages but those are for issues of your location or what not.

Emerging Expert
theOceaner

[ Edited ]

Not well informed on what? That doesn't even make any sense at all. Seriously, is that how you write? Claims without any backups? You gotta stop writing at some point.

Emerging Expert
Steelbooks

theOceaner wrote:

Not well informed on what? That doesn't even make any sense at all. Seriously, is that how you write? Claims without any backups? You gotta stop writing at some point.

The same can be said for you.  Learn how to run a shop.

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.