Gaming Announcements

Contributor
doppleganger

Re: Issues with Borderlands 2 SteelBook

still no steelbook for me and no email with a code for me to redeem the steelbook online either (not that I would be able to anyway since it's showing out of stock).

also, no pre-order dlc code either.

no communication whatsoever and it has almost been a week now since the game was released...
Visitor
SirCaptainCo

I'm in the same boat. well worse... No game. No steelbook. No code. my orders been escalated twice now. Stores don't have steelbook or code anymore, so imma have to wait it out if i want those.

No compensation either. this is getting incredibly frustrating.
Emerging Expert
Steelbooks

doppleganger wrote:
still no steelbook for me and no email with a code for me to redeem the steelbook online either (not that I would be able to anyway since it's showing out of stock).

also, no pre-order dlc code either.

no communication whatsoever and it has almost been a week now since the game was released...

I'll give you mine.  If you want....

Emerging Expert
CaptainFalcon

Hi Doppelganger,

PM me your order #. I'll pass it along to our web team. I was assured that customers who didn't receive their codes, or SteelBooks should be directed to the call center.

I was told they have a solid resolution plan in place regarding this. I know it's an extra step, but let me know how it goes.

Emerging Expert
trackercowe

I called in on Saturday regarding my codes, and I was told they would get back to me within 48 hours on what exactly is happening with them. 4 days later and still no word on them. I appreciate the effort you're putting in Falcon, but I highly doubt they ever emailed them to me in the first place like you originally said. 

This has been a very frustrating process to say the least. I for one like to collect DLC cards and the like as well, so it sucks that I won't be able to add a Borderlands card to my colleciton. 

Contributor
steelie

I have called last wednesday and they told me to wait 48 hours as well and still no word. How long do we need to wait for this? Anyone with the same issue.

Contributor
Lone_Prodigy

[ Edited ]

I don't really expect a game ordered online to arrive on its release day, nor do I ever expect a steelbook promised to "all pre-orders" to arrive with a game when it's not retroactively added to an order. I don't expect issues to be resolved overnight either. My brother's steelbook didn't arrive with his game, and the follow-up code doesn't work either. I hope he'll eventually get his steelbook, but I'm not holding my breath.

What I do have an issue with is people calling others "impatient" and "entitled" when they are simply concerned about their orders being delayed with no notification from the retailer. I'm sorry, but a post in a forum from an anonymous representative does not count as a notification when a majority of customers do not visit it.

Last I checked this was a forum for cordial discussion, which includes so-called "first world problems". Technically, everything here is a "first world problem". We're buying video games, hardly a life necessity.

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.