Exalted Expert
Krypto

Re: Is Telus TV any good?

If its going through your amp, that's the likely source of the problem. I'd suggest plugging the HDMI input right into your TV, my guess is that the problem will fix itself. The problem with using amps in the middle is that every additional device you add in between the video source and the TV is another place where something could go wrong.

Anyhow, try it out and see if that helps (directly plugging the Telus TV into the TV), and for audio via your sound system, use the audio out cables from the Telus TV box to your amp.

If that doesn't help, then you've confirmed it is indeed the box that's the problem.

If you think a post deserves credit, give it a thumbs up by clicking on the White Star.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Ty
Visitor
Ty

[ Edited ]

The service itself is good now that telus has optic TV the ability to recorded 2 show while you are watching one or recorded 3 show when you are out is outstanding and since you are able to watch TV that you recorded on any other TV that you have a box for is great. 

Recognized Expert
wiiman64

I've had Telus TV since before day 1, and have been through at least 3 different boxes, and numerous different configurations of cables.

Thankfully, for at least a year now, we haven't had any problems with out of sync audio, crazy video pixelation, router resets, and other issues of the past. There are still 2 outstanding issues that I still have, 1 of which is Telus' problem for sure, the other which could be either Telus, me, or both:

1. HDMI audio has issues. This could be attributed to issues with either my tv or receiver, but I'm pretty sure that's not the case. The audio cuts in and out no matter if router through the receiver or not. I should mention that this only happens with surround sound, stereo sound is fine. The way to solve this is to plug the HDMI into the tv, and run an optical digital audio cable to the receiver. Telus even brought one over for me for free (NICE!!!!) now I still get the odd blip once in a while which I barely notice.

2. Occasionally while watching something in HD, the video will stutter for 10-15 second and then go back to normal. Annoying, but bearable as it isn't too common.

Overall, the service and price of Telus TV are unbeatable. I haven't had an outage of anything in years from Telus, the techs are friendly and helpful, they don't make you go out and buy cables, and you can pick the channels you want at an affordable price. No regrets, and definately recommendable.
DB7
Visitor
DB7

[ Edited ]

Horrible. 

The picture quality is actually not bad, however there is a time delay and the picture stalls alot.

I HATE TELUS because of the CSR.

Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador
Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador
XL

Wow.... Glad I'm on rabbit ears for my second TV.  Love the price.... FREE!

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.