Movies & TV Shows

Trusted Expert / Community Ambassador
Atomic

Re: Any possibility of a Steelbook for Lord of the Rings Trilogy?

How many times have you guys bought STAR WARS, INDIANA JONES, and BACK TO THE FUTURE?  How many more times will you be buying them in your lifetime?

Face it, these are modern classics.  They will forever be released and re-released.  Maybe next time they won't be in SteelBook form?

It's like the White Album.  As long as you're into these movies, they've got you.

If you can wait 2+ years, then hold out.  I happen to think that the movies are long enough without an extended edition!

Emerging Expert
blazintrini

I will get the LOTR Trilogy theatrical cut. These movies look amazing upconverted so I can't wait just to see them them when they hit BD. I can wait till the extended comes out

the Original Star Wars trilogy I bought the boxset on dvd which was only the SE versions then they released them with the original cuts which I bought as well. I even have both original and SE ver on VHS as well

Contributor
Tanooki

Since I haven't seen this trilogy yet I will be buying this however it gets released.  Just hoping it's a good steelbook treatment.

Recognized Expert
Exist2Inspire

GreatGreg wrote:

How many times have you guys bought STAR WARS, INDIANA JONES, and BACK TO THE FUTURE?  How many more times will you be buying them in your lifetime?

Face it, these are modern classics.  They will forever be released and re-released.  Maybe next time they won't be in SteelBook form?

It's like the White Album.  As long as you're into these movies, they've got you.

If you can wait 2+ years, then hold out.  I happen to think that the movies are long enough without an extended edition!

I have bought them WAY to many times, especially Star Wars! Star Wars Non-Special Edition (VHS), Star Wars 1997 Special Edition (VHS), Star Wars: Original Trilogy Widescreen (DVD), Star Wars: Original Trilogy Unaltered (pre 1997 special effects, DVD), Star Wars Episode I (VHS), Star Wars Episode I/II/III (DVD)...
You also forgot the INSANE amount of Terminator 2 movies that are floating around in the universe. That's proabably the most re-released version out there, and we will be getting a new Blu-Ray version in 2 years (When James Cameron strikes a new master)
Trusted Expert / Community Ambassador
Atomic

Exist2Inspire wrote:

I have bought them WAY to many times, especially Star Wars! Star Wars Non-Special Edition (VHS), Star Wars 1997 Special Edition (VHS), Star Wars: Original Trilogy Widescreen (DVD), Star Wars: Original Trilogy Unaltered (pre 1997 special effects, DVD), Star Wars Episode I (VHS), Star Wars Episode I/II/III (DVD)...
You also forgot the INSANE amount of Terminator 2 movies that are floating around in the universe. That's proabably the most re-released version out there, and we will be getting a new Blu-Ray version in 2 years (When James Cameron strikes a new master)

I also have a VCD (!) version of Episode 1.

As for TERMINATOR 2, I bought the deluxe *two-tape VHS edition* for, I think, $25 at Sam the Record Man on Yonge Street.  I remember thinking, "Man, THIS IS IT!".

I think I watched it once.

I was actually able to sell that version before DVD became popular.  I just thought to myself, "The next time I want to watch T2, I'll buy it then."

Hasn't happened yet.

Contributor
fat1138

german competitor has pre order up for lotr steelbooks ,i myself will skip cause i would rather have extended versions on blu

Contributor
Blahblehblah

[ Edited ]

Isn't that like waiting till 2012 though for the extended which is supposedly being released alongside when Hobbit hits the theatres. I guess its good if you can wait that long for LOTR extended...who knows, by that time we might also have 100 gig quad layer blu-ray discs and be able to get all 3 movies just on 3 discs and fit on one SB :smileyhappy:

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.