Movies & TV Shows

Trusted Expert
Atomic
Accepted Solution

Disney 2012 Blu-ray Schedule

Having watched LADY AND THE TRAMP, there are quite a few more blu releases this year:

March 27

------------

THE MUPPETS

LION KING 1-1/2

LION KING 2

Summer 2012

-------------------

THE RESCUERS/THE RESCUERS DOWN UNDER 2-pack

POCAHONTAS/POCAHONTAS II 2-pack

LADY AND THE TRAMP II

August 7

------------

THE ARISTOCATS

Fall 2012

------------

BEVERLY HILLS CHIHUAHUA 3

TINKER BELL SECRET OF THE WINGS

CINDERELLA

Also, BEAUTY AND THE BEAST and BAMBI will be returning to The Vault on April 30.

Not mentioned, but expected would also be Disney's summer movie, BRAVE, JOHN CARTER as well as, I think PLANES.

A CINDERELLA Metal Box would be amazing!  Also my preference would be for BRAVE, LADY AND THE TRAMP, POCAHONTAS and THE RESCUERS (although I don't think they put 2-packs in Metal Boxes).

I just hope Future Shop releases more Disney titles in Collectible Packaging!  Even spread them out throughout the year like THE MUPPETS.

Emerging Expert
saybinator

Re: Disney 2012 Blu-ray Schedule

[ Edited ]

Atomic, seeing how you're an Honor Roll Member and asked so nicely about collectable packaging..  :smileyhappy:

Tentative Release Schedule for Exclusive Disney Collectable Packaging at Future Shop.  Subject to change, we wanted to let everyone know what we're working on and We want feedback!  Thanks for the ideas Atomic, we'll review them with Disney see what's possible.

Tentative Future Shop Exclusive Disney Collectable Packaging

1. The Muppets
  2. John Carter
  3. Lady and The Tramp
  4. The Avengers
  5. Cinderella
  6. Brave (Pixar)
  7. Tangled
  8. Frankenweenie
Emerging Expert
digitalbabe

[ Edited ]

Hi Sayb, thanks. Since this description was previously used for 'Viva Metal Boxes', this will be the same, correct? Or is there any chance they will be Steelbooks, instead? Thanks for your help, DB

kaw Emerging Expert
Emerging Expert
kaw

saybinator wrote:

1. March – The Muppets
  2. June – John Carter
  3. August – Lady and The Tramp
  4. September – The Avengers
  5. October – Cinderella
  6. November – Brave (Pixar)
  7. December - Tangled
  8. January - Frankenweenie

FANTASTIC NEWS! I could see myself buying ALL OF THESE!

Emerging Expert
Drum18

[ Edited ]

AWESOME!!!  Simply A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!

Please, let's try not to forget:
-Alice in Wonderland 1951

-Dumbo

-Fox & the hound

Emerging Expert
saybinator

Digitalbabe these are the same viva metal boxes. Starting with muppets the sample the movie team reviewed they were quite impressed. Several improvements have been made to improve quality based on forum feedback.
Trusted Expert
Atomic

Saybinator, you have now become my favourite poster on this forum

Spoiler
FOR ALL TIME!

This is fantastic news!

In my opinion, you will have more sales if you spread these out throughout the year rather than bunch the releases together in the Fall.

Mind you, the die-hards will purchase them regardless.  :smileywink:  However, there is a lot of competition in the Fall with Christmas, Black Friday, and other SteelBook or collectible packaging that all seem to centre around the Fall.

If you release these throughout the year, for example, in February or March, there is virtually no competition with major vendors and people are more free to spend at that time, in my opinion.  Please pass these opinions on to your studios.  (Disney, as usual, can lead the way).

One or two releases of collectible packaging a month would be ideal, I think, and don't be afraid to re-issue catalog titles either.  Classics like THE GODFATHER, or THE SOUND OF MUSIC would be no-brainers.

I'm getting a little off-topic here.

Suffice it to say that I'm thrilled with the news and look forward to these releases (just like everyone else).

And yes, I would second the recommendation for more Disney Animated Classics on collectible packaging!

Emerging Expert
saybinator

Great suggestions, we certainly take into consideration spreading them across the year. Sometimes we launch collectable packaging on New release street date, wouldn't want to make people wait!!! Oh, and believe me studios watch these posts. If they miss them, we share them. Our Friends at Disney have already sent me a private message with their excitement about getting to work on the program for this year.
Contributor
mdewater

[ Edited ]

I'm new here, so I know I don't count for much, but I registered just so I could express my excitement for this announcement! I've bought every Disney Steelbook/Ironpack/Metal Box so far and I don't intend to stop now!

Very excited for Tangled, Lady and the Tramp, and Cinderella (although they are all a must-buy for me). Is it safe to assume that we'll get one for Finding Nemo when that comes as well? I'd also love to see the rest of the lineup for this year - The Rescuers, Pocahontas, The Aristocats.

And I second the notion of maybe going back to some of the older releases that were skipped on the collectible treatment. I'd love to see:

Alice in Wonderland

Dumbo

Fantasia

Fantasia 2000

Fox and the Hound

Winnie the Pooh

Bolt

Meet the Robinsons

Chicken Little

Dinosaur

I know, I know... I'm being greedy. But there is definitely a market out there for collecitble releases of the Disney Animated Classics.

I also agree with spreading them out throughout the year. You guys have killed my wallet every November/December for the past three years!

By the way, Saybinator - it's very cool that you're so involved on the forums with customers. More companies ought to do the same.

Contributor
mdewater

I'd assume that designs are already being worked on for all these, but just another greedy suggestion - the Steelbook community seemed to go ga-ga over the design on this Mexican Steelbook: Tangled Steelbook

I'd love something similar to that.

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.