Movies & TV Shows

Emerging Expert
digitalbabe

Re: Disney 2012 Blu-ray Schedule

Thanks Saybinator-I appreciate the confirmation.

Trusted Expert
Atomic

The only problem I can forsee is with FANTASIA/FANTASIA 2000.  That movie has gone back into the vault, I believe.

Still, I would be happy with an empty collectible case which I can put my F/F2000 discs in.

You can't go wrong with Disney titles.  They are some of the most re-watchable movies in cinema.

Looking foward to hearing about what appear to be changes to the Viva Metal Box design as well.

kaw Emerging Expert
Emerging Expert
kaw

how about maybe... TRON: LEGACY ???

I thought we might see it last year as one. I would double dip if released in collectible packaging. 

Contributor
yup123

awwwwesome thread, will keep watch as the days grow closer! Like everyone else, CAN'T WAIT ! :smileyhappy:

Contributor
mdewater

Atomic - you're right that Fantasia is back in the vault. I'd also be more than happy with empty cases for the movies that are older or no longer available.

I would also like to stress the fact that while I've been happy to pay my Canadian friends to pick up copies of these for me, the ones that do end up in American counterpart stores are VERY appreciated.

Trusted Expert
Atomic

mdewater wrote:

I would also like to stress the fact that while I've been happy to pay my Canadian friends to pick up copies of these for me, the ones that do end up in American counterpart stores are VERY appreciated.

You'll have to take that up with your American counterpart.  Not too much to discuss about that here!

In the meantime, I thought I would share some of images of CINDERELLA art from past releases that would look great on collectible packaging!

786936292237.jpg

images.jpg

l_75616_0042332_e9a62c9e.jpg

Cinderella (1950).jpg

Cinderella_Round.jpg

Contributor
mdewater

My god I would LOVE to see the top one - the outer box with the slipper and the castle. That's gorgeous.

Here's another image that came to mind for me - from the diamond edition trailer.

Visitor
richieb1971

I vote for an Alice in wonderland release.  I don't actually own it yet, was waiting for someone to release it.

I was wondering why Dreamworks does not get any special packaging?

The Ring is coming out soon.  What a fantastic horror case it would make!!!

They also make a crap load of awesome animated features of which no country has ever done a special metal case for. 

Emerging Expert
tilallr1

[ Edited ]

Drum18 wrote:

AWESOME!!!  Simply A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!

Please, let's try not to forget:
-Alice in Wonderland 1951

-Dumbo

-Fox & the hound

Yes please don't forget about these ones as well!!! Please!!!

Any chance we will be getting any of these on Metal Box?

Emerging Expert
tilallr1

[ Edited ]

Also would love to see POCAHONTAS

and

Finding Nemo 3D, which opens nationwide September 14, 2012. So I assume the blu-ray release will be this year too.

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.