Movies & TV Shows

Emerging Expert
tilallr1

Re: Disney 2012 Blu-ray Schedule

saybinator wrote:
Digitalbabe these are the same viva metal boxes. Starting with muppets the sample the movie team reviewed they were quite impressed. Several improvements have been made to improve quality based on forum feedback.

That is awesome to hear. But I thought the viva metal boxes have been pretty good so far, you now have me drooling with excitement to hear they have made some improvements. What could they be ???

Trusted Expert / Community Ambassador
Atomic

LADY AND THE TRAMP Images

[ Edited ]

Here are some great images from LADY AND THE TRAMP collectibles.

I really like the old style logo for the title and with a few simple images really make it stand out.

Lady and the Tramp Pin Collection.jpg

Lady and the Tramp Snow Globe.jpg

This style of font with an image of the two main characters on the front would look great on a Metal Box, don't you think?

And how about this moonlight image for the back??

lady-and-the-tramp-moonlight-outlook.jpg

or this:

Lady and the Tramp Rodel Gonzalez.jpg

Atomic

Other Catalog Disney Titles for SteelBooks/Metal Boxes

I'd like to suggest two other catalog titles for the Metal Box treatment on blu-ray:

The first one is THE ROCKETEER:

936full-the-rocketeer-poster_sm.JPGrocketeer-movie.jpgrocketeer01.gifRocketeer_0.jpg

Recognized Expert / Community Ambassador
debaser17

Re: Other Catalog Disney Titles for SteelBooks/Metal Boxes

I'd love to see that, especially with some actual original Dave Stevens art for the cover treatment!

photo sig-community-ambassador-of-the-year-en_zps4bd74fc6.jpg

photo sig-gaming-member-of-the-year-en_zps7916bdcb.jpg
Emerging Expert
Drum18

[ Edited ]

For The Avengers, something like this would be awesome! 
(Tx to Scaz for making this!)

Emerging Expert
Zak87

I would buy them all! Other than Frankenweenie just because I don't know that movie lol Also I know it's not coming out this year but WHEN IS FINDING NEMO COMING TO BLURAY?!? It's the only Pixar I don't have.... Or did I miss it and it's now in the vault?
Atomic

There is supposed to be a theatrical release of FINDING NEMO 3D this Fall.  It's expected that the blu-ray release should come shortly afterward.

Emerging Expert
Drum18

Another design.  This time, for Brave by Kaw!

Atomic

Wow, that is an amazing looking Steel-, er, Ironp-, er....  Collectible Packaging!

Atomic

Disney's ENCHANTED

[ Edited ]

Another title I'd like to suggest for Collectible Packaging treatment is a 2007 hit which is now a catalog Blu-ray title, Disney's ENCHANTED.

Disney_-_Enchanted.jpg

If you haven't seen it, you are in for a treat.  I thought this would be a silly kid's comedy, but was pleasantly surprised that it was smart, witty and charming.

It stars Amy Adams (Oscar nominated for THE FIGHTER, DOUBT, and JUNEBUG) in her breakout role as Giselle, an animated Disney princess thrust into modern-day New York City.  She plays the innocent princess role to perfection here and has a delectable voice for the songs.  The other standout performance would be by James Marsden (Cyclops from X-MEN, and lately in 30 ROCK) as his animated prince who comes after her in the real world.  His comedic timing and facial expressions are perfect in the movie and steals the scenes that he is in.  Patrick Dempsey, Susan Sarandon, and Timothy Spall round out the cast, but really the highlights are Amy and James.

Enchanted-enchanted-23902069-1024-768.jpg

The musical numbers are fantastic and evolve from the typical Disney animated tunes "True Love's Kiss" and "Happy Working Song" to modern style songs "So Close" and "Ever Ever After".  In fact three of them were nominated for Best Original Song at the Academy Awards, and coming from Alan Menken (POCAHONTAS, THE LITTLE MERMAID, BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, ALADDIN, WICKED, TANGLED), and Stephen Schwartz (HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, POCAHONTAS, WICKED), it comes as no surprise.  The soundtrack for this film is also very strong.

Enchanted-enchanted-3520376-1024-768.jpg

ENCHANTED is a great film, often overlooked because it may be dismissed as kiddy fare.  However, if you are an animation fan, there are a lot of hidden homages and in-jokes.  It pokes fun at pretty much all of the Disney classics from SNOW WHITE to BEAUTY AND THE BEAST.  There are also surprise cameos by Jodi Benson (voice of Ariel), Paige O'Hara (voice of Belle), Judy Kuhn (voice of Pocahontas).  Julie Andrews (MARY POPPINS) does the voice-over narration.

The movie picks up where most Disney movies end -- with the 'happily ever after' -- and becomes unconventional after that.  It is enjoyable for both kids and adults alike and has entertained us with many repeated viewings time and again.

By the way, in case you haven't seen it, the opening segueway from the Disney castle is fantastic!

enchanted01.jpg

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.