Highlighted
Luminary
0 Kudos

Re: Dr. Strange Steelbook Thread

[ Edited ]

SonicBoom wrote:

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

Hey @SonicBoom,

Your right the key with any retail store is to have just enough inventory to satisfy your customers. It is quite difficult to predict what steelbooks will sell and in truth not everybody will buy every steelbook that is being offered buy Best Buy Canada; while I did get the 2-D version DOCTOR STRANGE, 4K FANTASTIC BEASTS, ASSASSIN'S CREED and MOANA I ended up ordering at Best Buy USA online in a 2-D version because the 3-D was sold out. In truth there are alot of movies if releasesed in steelbook I would not buy them LA LA LAND,  the new XXX Return Of Xander Cage and the so called finale UNDERWORLD movie (but that is just me).  

So I guess that is the big difference between you and me.  

I have pre-ordered all of those SteelBooks above (LA LA LAND, RETURN OF XANDER CAGE, and all UNDERWORLD films).  None were carried by Best Buy Canada, so I had to resort elsewhere.

Furthermore, I re-purchased the UNDERWORLD and RESIDENT EVIL series because I liked the art on the new SteelBooks and there was a sale on them.

If Best Buy Canada would re-release catalog titles in SteelBook at the $10-15 range, I would buy them.

Please not RESIDENT EVIL or UNDERWORLD -- and not that Pop art junk.

The ugly truth is probably that this price range doesn't have enough profit margin to justify the floor space for these SteelBooks in Canada.

Hey @SonicBoom,

Yeah your right that is the the big difference between you and me. I have no interest in pre-ordereding all SteelBooks such as  LA LA LAND, RETURN OF XANDER CAGE, and all UNDERWORLD films ( they were entertaining but I would not buy them; but that is just me). It all boils down to personal taste and while LA LA LAND one the oscar for best picture for all of 5 mins I was not impressed with this movie. And you can see my attitude toward RETURN OF XANDER CAGE in this link.

http://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Movies-TV-Shows/xXx-return-of-the-xander-cage-Steelbook/td-p/173325

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Currently 1 copy in stock online.

Pioneer
0 Kudos

Why cant i find, in Montreal, copies of DOCTOR STRANGE in 3D anywhere?

Why cant i find, in Montreal, copies of DOCTOR STRANGE in 3D anywhere?

Luminary

Re: Why cant i find, in Montreal, copies of DOCTOR STRANGE in 3D anywhere?

Probably because you're not looking hard enough. Smiley LOL

It was released in bilingual packaging, so that's not the issue.

I did some digging around and "Out of Stock" was the common factor at retailers across Canada, 3D is pretty much done with anyway.

My guess: it was a Limited Release in Canada since we don't have the population to support high volume sales as opposed to the U.S.

You will probably have to look State side for a copy, or find a reseller who has one.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/marvels-doctor-strange-includes-digital-copy-3d-blu-ray-dvd-blu-ray-blu-...

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

It's been about two months since the release of DOCTOR STRANGE.

Initial copies have likely sold out for now and are awaiting a re-release.  3D copies seem to sell out first because they get snapped up pretty quickly because I think retailers are not buying enough copies to satisfy demand.

If you search online you can find it, but it's not sold at Best Buy Canada right now.

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@pat027

Here are the stores in the "large-Montreal-region" available:

Image2.jpg

The Oracle
0 Kudos

@Drum18 to the rescue once again Smiley Happy
Luminary
0 Kudos

@Drum18

I don't know about you, but I'm from Montreal, and neither Saint-Jerome, Vaudreuil or Granby are considered near the "Greater Montreal" area, but I do agree they are in the same province.

The closest would be Vaudreuil, if you don't mind a 45 minutes drive on a good day, and not living in the East end.

It's like saying Niagara Falls, Kitchener and London are in the Toronto area. Smiley LOL

Epic Genius

I know @Jacques1400.  That is why I wrote "large-Montreal-region" Smiley Tongue

Driving to Vaudreuil or St-Jerome when it's sun and shinning is always better in my book that having to pay scalper prices on Evilbay, just saying Smiley Very Happy

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

will they ever restock more of these because there is still so much people demanding for more copies! please let us know asap and thank you