Luminary
0 Kudos

Re: Dr. Strange Steelbook Thread

@BBYTerence mine came in the typical over sized box with paper stuffing  and everything looks good.

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Sweet! glad to hear it @bjmaxvin67

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

The Oracle

Still confused as these box sizes. I like the really small ones that always fit the steelbooks up to 4. Made them secure and less fragile
Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

Is there going to be a 3D Doctor Strange Steelbook like there is on the bestbuy.com website?,

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/marvels-doctor-strange-steelbook-3d-blu-ray-dvd-only--best-buy-blu-ray-b...

or is Canada stuck with the 2D version?

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@Nikarax

Pretty sure that the 2D edition is the one and only we'll ever get in SteelBook.  Now that the global release is behind us, I don't see any reason why Disney/Marvel would release another batch.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Looks like Canada gets 2D SteelBook only.

The Captain
0 Kudos

I returned my (unopened) copy of the Doctor Strange Steelbook.

I returned it because of the lack of a title on the spine. The Steelbook looks so crappy, rushed and cheaply made because of this omission.

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

In my area each store received 30 copies on release date.

I'm guessing there were enough of these to go around for everybody who actually wanted a copy.after all.

I haven't seen any complaints here by anyone missing out on a copy once they were actually released for sale in stores.

I have read that Best Buy has 200 locations in Canada (not all are full retial stores...some are Best Buy mobile stores) but let's say they have 150 full stock stores that sell Blu-rays.  Anybody know the exact number?

If they all received an average of 30 copies that would be about 4500 Steelbook copies.

Plus there were pre-orders.  I have no idea how many.

Being that this is a Marvel Studios movie, would this seem like an adequate number of copies for a steelbook release in Canada?

I would like to read your opinions.

Thank you.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

SilverBlade wrote:

I returned my (unopened) copy of the Doctor Strange Steelbook.

I returned it because of the lack of a title on the spine. The Steelbook looks so crappy, rushed and cheaply made because of this omission.

I guess you didn't do your homework because the SteelBook was clearly advertised as such way before.

Luminary

casey1985 wrote:

I

I have read that Best Buy has 200 locations in Canada (not all are full retial stores...some are Best Buy mobile stores) but let's say they have 150 full stock stores that sell Blu-rays.  Anybody know the exact number?

Hey @casey1985according to this article http://www.bestbuy.ca/bestbuycanadacorporate/default.html there are 200 hundred stores in Canada (but it does not indicate if they are just full retial stores.or are they also Best Buy mobile stores.