Movies & TV Shows

kaw Emerging Expert
Emerging Expert
kaw

Re: Fast Five Steelbook Confirmed @ Future Shop 10/04/2011

So does this mean it might not be a Steelbook anymore? Or is the Art changing?

Contributor
PurpleRain

Any update on this saybinator??

Thanks
Emerging Expert
tilallr1

PurpleRain wrote:
Any update on this saybinator??

Thanks

Ditto

kaw Emerging Expert
Emerging Expert
kaw

Can we get an official update on this?

I'm worried that this is going to be cancelled... or even worse... G1.

Contributor
WhiteKnight
Job Title: Product Buyer
Store: Head Office

Just as an update... the Steelbook is still going ahead for Fast Five, as I have seen some questions on this forum in regards to it.  However, it will not be in G2 size.

Please note, we have heard all of your feedback in regards to G1 and G2... we are working tirelessly with the studios to be able to get Steelbooks in G2 format only.  Unfortunately, there are sometimes limitations that are faced in terms of lead time (G1 can be produced in NA, G2 is produced in europe), number of discs, studio rights in NA, and demand from the US.  Be assured, when a Steelbook is available from a studio, Future Shop is pushing hard to have it in the G2 size.  We have heard you and we are working hard to get you what you want. :smileyvery-happy:

kaw Emerging Expert
Emerging Expert
kaw

WhiteKnight wrote:

Just as an update... the Steelbook is still going ahead for Fast Five, as I have seen some questions on this forum in regards to it.  However, it will not be in G2 size.

Please note, we have heard all of your feedback in regards to G1 and G2... we are working tirelessly with the studios to be able to get Steelbooks in G2 format only.  Unfortunately, there are sometimes limitations that are faced in terms of lead time (G1 can be produced in NA, G2 is produced in europe), number of discs, studio rights in NA, and demand from the US.  Be assured, when a Steelbook is available from a studio, Future Shop is pushing hard to have it in the G2 size.  We have heard you and we are working hard to get you what you want. :smileyvery-happy:

Thank you for trying WhiteKnight. Much Appreciated.

Emerging Expert
tilallr1

[ Edited ]

WhiteKnight wrote:

Thanks for the update. It is much appreciated.

But this is extremely depressing and disappointing news. I think the steelbook collecting community has been pretty clear that they have no interest, whatsoever, in G1 for Blu-ray releases. Its too bad that the studios don't care. Honestly, if they don't really care it would be much better to do nothing at all then. Because this feels like a slap in the face.

Emerging Expert
Drum18

Thanks WhiteKnight for the update, but you can tell your people that I now ordered my copy of Fast 5 in England since as a collector, I'm willing to pay MORE for a real G2 Steelbook.

Too bad...

Contributor
ilovedeals

is this still for sale? and will it be fore sale  on release day?

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.