Epic Genius
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

From A Galaxy Far Far Away...New Release Steelbook

Isn't this pretty?  I wouldn't change a thing on it.  And it has 2D & 3D included.  3 Discs.

And available for pre-order already.

Of course Best Buy will get one too. Probably.

11387240-1464445146360545.jpg

Luminary
0 Kudos

Re: From A Galaxy Far Far Away...New Release Steelbook

I do think it's quite pleasing as it is, and I do hope Best Buy gets this Steelbook, but if I'm being honest, I'd prefer the Steelbooks all have a uniform design style with the others. I know 7 already doesn't match with the other 6 and that's a shame, but id like to be able to put the spin offs in amongst the main saga entries and have them look like the belong. Regardless of what the final art is, I'll be getting the Steelbook for this. Just hoping best buy gets it to save me some money, it's a bit over priced at the vendor that is currently doing preorders.
Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Knowing Disney, the 3D won't be included on the initial release in North America (which is where we'd get the steelbook), it'll be on the Collectior's Edition double dip like they did with Jungle Book and Force Awakens this past November. And include more features. Ugh.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

For ROGUE ONE, it's already been announced that the SteelBook will contain the 3D.

Glad to hear that Disney is reversing this decision to release 3D later.  However, this is only in Europe, where 3D releases are more common.

We have yet to see if BVHV Canada will also release the 3D.

Luminary
0 Kudos

Love this!

I'm holding out for Best Buy Canada to get this too! Ordering this from the UK is way too pricey!

Don't like that little picture on the spine though...

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

I have pre-ordered from the UK, but will cancel it if Best Buy Canada offers this too.

(In 3D, no 4K please).

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@Danno82

You may already know this but I've wanted to mention this since The Force Awakens Steelbook.

I apologize if this has already been adressed.

I'm sure the reason that the spines and cover designs for the first 6 Star Wars steelbooks differ from The Force Awakens and Rogue One and every other Starwars steelbook to come is simply this:

The first 6 movies and steelbooks were released by 20th Century Fox.

The Force Awakens and Rogue One and all to come belong to Disney.

I'm guessing Disney wanted to use their own designs and weren't going to do it exactly the way 20th Century Fox designed it.

Also, they may not have had a choice...copyright and all that stuff. 

However I do like how the Rogue One art seems to blend Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back.

Luminary
0 Kudos

As of December 8, there is no 4K or 3D included in the North American exclusives.

This obviously can change since it's very early information.

The various exclusives are as follows, with some type of digital copy which is the norm:

Best Buy US: 2D BD/DVD Steelbook
2D BD/DVD with preorder lithographs
2D BD/DVD with Bonus Content
2D BD/DVD with alternate slipcover

Luminary
0 Kudos

Oh I'm aware of the reasons behind the differences, (distribution, copy rights etc), I'm just speaking as a fan. In a perfect world, these companies would work together and do what will make the fans happy, so I'm just wishful thinking out loud.
Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

SonicBoom wrote:

For ROGUE ONE, it's already been announced that the SteelBook will contain the 3D.

Glad to hear that Disney is reversing this decision to release 3D later.  However, this is only in Europe, where 3D releases are more common.

We have yet to see if BVHV Canada will also release the 3D.

I was under the impression that 3D releases were common elsewhere in the world for Disney non-Marvel releases, and not like they were in North America? Either way -- I still wouldn't be surprised about them forcing a double dip.

And for everyone asking about 4K, unless Disney changes their decision for the release of Rogue One, they do not support the format...yet. So it's doubtful the steelbook would have it.