The Captain
0 Kudos

Re: From A Galaxy Far Far Away...New Release Steelbook

Oh that's why. What a rip off. I find Best buy just seems to be getting worse and worse. If I could buy Steelbooks somewhere else, I wouldn't even shop at Best Buy at all. Now I need to find something that costs a few bucks so I don't have to pay shipping. What I find really dumb is that it doesn't seem to allow regular shipping for this item, only expedited. If you go and buy anything else, you can just regular ground which is 2.99.
The Oracle

its not just bestbuy the other online retailer charges shipping under $35 too

Legendary Epic Genius

You always have to pay for shipping.  I don't know of any places which ship for free with no minimum anymore.  Times have changed.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

DarthHiggy wrote:
Oh that's why. What a rip off. I find Best buy just seems to be getting worse and worse. If I could buy Steelbooks somewhere else, I wouldn't even shop at Best Buy at all. Now I need to find something that costs a few bucks so I don't have to pay shipping. What I find really dumb is that it doesn't seem to allow regular shipping for this item, only expedited. If you go and buy anything else, you can just regular ground which is 2.99.

I don't think the system gives you an option for alternate shipping methods on pre-orders. 

And as others pointed out, $35 seems to be the standard # to hit before free shipping triggers everywhere now.

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

So order 2, keep the best looking copy and return the 2nd copy for a refund.

Free shipping.

The Oracle

That's how I do things now and from past experiences I always order 2 steelbooks due to damages and not in store to exchange
Epic Genius
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Or be like me and order 10 copies for friends and return the damaged copies and get banned from ever ordering from Best Buy online ever again because you're falsely labelled a "Security Risk"

The manager of my local store had me banned from ordering online.

I can't even visit my local store.  They won't sell to me. Smiley Very Happy

The Oracle

**bleep** @casey1985 that's a douche move on him
Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@Leprekon

Yep. Too many returns made me a "Security Risk".  Best Buy was getting complaints that certain Steelbooks didn't include the promised digital download codes (remember Huntsman Winter's War? I believe there was another title with the same problem)  

I returned my copies of these unopened for 2 reasons.

1) The cover of each copy was extremely scratched up.

2) Because I could hear the loose discs rattling around inside.

I remember people on here complaining that they were mising the codes and you had to call a number.

Then the next time I went to return defective steelbooks they told me I couldn't return them because there were problems with steelbooks being returned without digital codes in them.

They somehow thought I was the reason that they didn't have codes.  Unopened.  Magically removed.  Country wide I guess.

So I mostly have lost interest in Best Buy steelbooks due to constant defects (Anybody remember the Harry Potter set?)

Any order I try to put through (whether it is PayPal or credit card) my order is always cancelled a day or 2 later without notice.

I only find it has been cancelled when I check my PayPal account.

But it means I can't order anything online or instore at Best Buy.  Steelbooks or otherwise. So I missed out on the Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals. 

So that's that.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

More and more online companies are catching on to people who return an unusual amount of product.

This is not new.

Yes, it makes things like Group Buys riskier for those who like to host them, but lately we haven't had many exclusives to offer in the first place.