Luminary

Ghost in the Shell

[ Edited ]

@BBYTerence

Is the artwork final for Ghost in the Shell? (Obviously not the Placeholder Pic)

BB U.S. is showing this as a final release.

5803306_sa.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642.jpg

Luminary

Re: Ghost in the Shell

@Jacques1400 yes that's final as its WWA

kaw The Captain
The Captain
0 Kudos

Shoot, is that really the art? Its not bad... but I liked what they originally had posted. Smiley Sad
Luminary
0 Kudos

@kaw Yes. One or two countries might be getting different artwork but that's pending right now. 

The Captain
0 Kudos

TomBergeron wrote:

@kaw Yes. One or two countries might be getting different artwork but that's pending right now. 

@TomBergeronI really prefer the placeholder artwork currently posted like @kaw. Can you cite your source in regards to which one or two countries might be getting a different artwork? If it's true, then I will just cancel my preorder because this all red cover isn't really fitting for the movie that has so much vibrant visual ambience from beginning to end credits.

Highlighted
Luminary
0 Kudos

@Dash-

I've checked all reliable sources that I know of, and all major markets worldwide are going with the "Red" Steelbook.

The placeholder pic is actually derived from the promotional theatrical posters, which also prompted an individual from a popular forum to post his concept art Steelbook.

The Captain
0 Kudos

Jacques1400 wrote:

@Dash-

I've checked all reliable sources that I know of, and all major markets worldwide are going with the "Red" Steelbook.

The placeholder pic is actually derived from the promotional theatrical posters, which also prompted an individual from a popular forum to post his concept art Steelbook.

@Jacques1400 that's what I thought too, but Tom's post got me curious. Maybe he knows something we don't? lol

(I am seriously hoping the placeholder artwork gets a steelbook treatment; not as a silly slip, but an official steelbook exclusive. Whoever does it will be getting my money.) 

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

The placeholder artwork was... placeholder artwork.  

I don't think that artwork is scheduled for any SteelBook release anywhere.

They were all updated to show the image you see now.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Dash- wrote:

Jacques1400 wrote:

@Dash-

@Jacques1400 that's what I thought too, but Tom's post got me curious. Maybe he knows something we don't? lol

(I am seriously hoping the placeholder artwork gets a steelbook treatment; not as a silly slip, but an official steelbook exclusive. Whoever does it will be getting my money.) 

It was the film's theatrical poster, so it'll likely be a slip on one of the non-steelbook editions.

I think it's hilarious to see people complaining about Ghost in the Shell not using theatrical artwork now, considering so many were up in arms over xXx actually using theatrical artwork. You can't appease everyone it seems. They both didn't have the greatest posters or marketing campaigns, so the choices were slim at best. But I do like that red cover for GiTS...

Luminary
0 Kudos

@Dash- different artwork wont come in-line with worldwide release dates. If they happen it will come later than because this will release in July.