Luminary

Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Steelbook?

@bjmaxvin67 ah just wait till July. I bet we'll see the announcement then. At the D23 expo. Smiley Wink

Legendary Epic Genius

So will our previous pre-orders be cancelled then @BBYTerence?

Community Manager

pikachuforever wrote:

So will our previous pre-orders be cancelled then @BBYTerence?

No, I'm told that pre-orders went through for the ones who already pre-ordered. They will not be cancelled.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Highlighted
Epic Genius

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Drum18 wrote:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/Search/SearchResults.aspx?query=M2224817%20M2224818

Links are back!!!

Thank You @Drum18 for the update. Smiley Happy It looks like the links are still sticking with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2  SteelBook combos that contain both 4K Ultra HD and 3D Blu-ray discs ( if it had all of them they would of labeled it as a 4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook). I am hoping that @BBYTerence can shed some light on this steelbook contents because unlike the 2 Alien: Covenant Steelbooks were you either had a choice of a steelbook with 4K and Blu-ray disc or a steelbook with Blu-ray and DVD disc. Each choice had a Blu-ray disc; but with this Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 steelbook if this information is accurate we have a 4K and 3-D bluray disc combo which is useless to me since I do not own a 4K player or 3-D player. I may just need to buy a bluray of this movie and take the 3-D out of the steelbook; but this is frustrating. Smiley Frustrated

The Captain
0 Kudos

Great! Now if we can just get a pre order for the new PotC in Steelbook Smiley Happy

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

I've never seen any 4K or 3D wide release movie that didn't include the regular 2K Blu-ray.

The 2D/2K version is likely there, just not explicitly listed.

Community Manager

bjmaxvin67 wrote:

Drum18 wrote:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/Search/SearchResults.aspx?query=M2224817%20M2224818

Links are back!!!

Thank You @Drum18 for the update. Smiley Happy It looks like the links are still sticking with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2  SteelBook combos that contain both 4K Ultra HD and 3D Blu-ray discs ( if it had all of them they would of labeled it as a 4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook). I am hoping that @BBYTerence can shed some light on this steelbook contents because unlike the 2 Alien: Covenant Steelbooks were you either had a choice of a steelbook with 4K and Blu-ray disc or a steelbook with Blu-ray and DVD disc. Each choice had a Blu-ray disc; but with this Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 steelbook if this information is accurate we have a 4K and 3-D bluray disc combo which is useless to me since I do not own a 4K player or 3-D player. I may just need to buy a bluray of this movie and take the 3-D out of the steelbook; but this is frustrating. Smiley Frustrated

I'm not familar with what the specs mean exactly, so I don't know if this helps, but I'm told it is 4K BD and digital.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

The Oracle
0 Kudos

Hope this contains Blu-ray Disc too as if not I might not even keep this steelbook
Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I think we need to be realistic here -- Best Buy has never physically removed a disc from previous steelbooks, they've just emulated their non-steelbook versions whether they be the 4K/Blu-ray/Digital, Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/Digital or Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Combo Packs.

In the case of Rogue One, they added a 3D Disc not available anywhere else at that time, or since then.

As all the material I've seen online so far for GOTG Vol. 2 has only mentioned 4K/Blu-ray/Digital Combo Packs and Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Combo Packs without 3D, I would register a guess that either:

1. It's not coming with 3D and it's misprinted, or

2. Best Buy is offering an exclusive 3D Disc again [which is the option I'm thinking is most correct]

There's absolutely NO WAY this wouldn't come with a regular Blu-ray Disc. Not everyone has adopted 4K, and not everyone has 3D -- but the majority buying these steelbooks, if not everyone, has a regular Blu-ray player. Why would they punish the core demo buying these collectables with discs they can't use at all?