Movies & TV Shows

Visitor
NateS

Iron Man Steelbook Blu-Ray defect

I purchased the Iron Man Steelbook Blu-Ray and unfortunately my disc was loose in the case (in fact, one of the tabs that holds the disc in place is broken). As a result, the disc was damaged and freezes up on occasion. I went back to the local FS to exchange the item and not surprisingly they were sold out (same with the other locations in the area). Consequently, they offered me store credit since there's a law that prevents them from giving me my money back for an open movie, even if it was defective and they can't offer me a replacement. Admittedly, I don't want my money back I want a replacement, particularly since this thing is a limited collector's item. I ended up calling FS head office, and my issue has been escalated. I'm now waiting to hear back from them, but I thought I'd post here in case anyone has had a similar experience and can tell me how the situation was resolved.
Exalted Expert
Krypto

Hey NateS, looks to me like you're proceeding exactly as...

Hey NateS, looks to me like you're proceeding exactly as you should be.  Good progression of steps.  I'm sure you'll find there isn't much more you can do at this point.  Are they all sold out online?  If not, maybe pick one up online as a backup, just in case.

Good luck with it!

If you think a post deserves credit, give it a thumbs up by clicking on the White Star.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Visitor
NateS

Krypto, FS has completely removed the item from their web...

Krypto, FS has completely removed the item from their website so I assume this means that they are sold out with no plans of restocking.
Emerging Expert
sg2386

for most part the steelbook releases are only available o...

for most part the steelbook releases are only available on the first batch of shipments, and once they sold out there is a very slim chance of FS stores receiving more.

I still regret not geting the I am Legend Blu-ray steelbook, and i think stores were sold out of them within 2-3 days of release. Now they go for about $80-$100.

The only blu-ray steelbook i still see is Indiana Jones, i guess Future Shop thought there would be high demand for them but i still see tons of them in stores.

PSN ID: psfan64
Visitor
happycustomer

Iron Man Steelbook Blu-Ray defect

I usually get satisfaction in the FS stores when I ask to speak (kindly) with the manager. Most staff cannot authorize any change to standards set by the stores main office however a good manager will always help his customer. Try it and see if it works for you.
© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.