Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: Re:La La Land steelbook

Jacques1400 wrote:

Don't know if the Steelbook will make it to the stores for Tuesday:

bby.JPG

Did this come in an email? Concerning that it hasn't been more widely announced.

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@pikachuforever

Came as an update to my order via email, I simply copied the relevant details & removed my personal data.

My order was placed on the first day the listing went live.

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Jacques1400 wrote:

@pikachuforever

Came as an update to my order via email, I simply copied the relevant details & removed my personal data.

My order was placed on the first day the listing went live.

I didn't get the email update -- that was my concern.

I had pre-ordered around then as well.

Legendary Epic Genius

Jacques1400 wrote:

@SonicBoom

Agreed, Store stock and online stock is different, but it's the same warehouse is it not?

To me this indicates a warehouse delivery delay since the notice was sent on Thursday or Friday, and BB is refunding the shipping charges. Tuesday releases are normally shipped over the weekend, using the term loosely.

My concern is simple, I won't get my shipment until after the release date, which now forces me to purchase a 2nd. copy at the store in case of a damaged copy arriving by mail at some point, the batting average lately has not been good.

My Rogue One Steelbook was received damaged on the Wednesday, which was way too late to get a replacement copy from stores, fortunately @Leprekon helped me out on this.

If indeed there's a store delivery delay, it complicates things even further.

All this is really saying is that their shipment has been delayed and that it won't ship in time for release date arrival.  I've received these emails before, but I am never one to be concerned with release date arrival.

Yes, it could mean that there is an overall supply issue, but it could also mean that only the online pre-orders are affected and that stores receive their stock on time because those are two totally different channels to get to the home and to get to the store.

But either way, it's always prudent to go to the store on the release date if you care enough and want to be sure.

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: La La Land Steelbook, 4K, Blu-ray and DVD's

[ Edited ]

6:35 a.m. EDT and stores are still showing zero stock for all La La Land products.

Perhaps the delay in shipping includes store stock as well.

Usually stores show in stock by now and reserve for pick-up is available.  Not this time.

However stock is available to order online.  But not the Steelbook.

Legendary Epic Genius

Re: La La Land Steelbook, 4K, Blu-ray and DVD's

[ Edited ]

casey1985 wrote:

6:35 a.m. EDT and stores are still showing zero stock for all La La Land products.

Perhaps the delay in shipping includes store stock as well.

Usually stores show in stock by now and reserve for pick-up is available.  Not this time.

However stock is available to order online.  But not the Steelbook.

The shipping for the non-steelbook editions say they should arrive by Friday. So hopefully that will include the steelbook as well (even if it says "Out of Stock" on my pre-order currently).

But yes, it looks like the availability of La La Land in general is delayed.

The Captain
0 Kudos

Re: La La Land Steelbook

My local best buy only had one haha. Also, I surprised it had the 4K copy as well.

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@RBlazeLM

Yup... me too.  1 single unit.

03.jpg

kaw Luminary
Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

My store only got 2 copies and was sold out before they even opened their doors.

Feel bad for anyone who wasn't able to get a copy.

Luminary
0 Kudos

kaw wrote:

My store only got 2 copies and was sold out before they even opened their doors.

Feel bad for anyone who wasn't able to get a copy.

Hey @kaw

My store had 2 copies also; but the online it said there were none in my area. I also feel bad for anyone who was not able to get a copy; my only suggestion is to physically go to the store if you have not already.