The Captain
0 Kudos

Mongrel media

Why does best buy canada not carry mongrel media releases? These releases are becoming more prevalent week by week with many releases by them most notably Manchester By the Sea which is in Oscar contention. I would appreciate you (best buy canada) looking into carrying these releases.
Legendary Hero of the Universe

Re: Mongrel media

Probably isn't enough demand to sell the product at this time

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

I believe they had some sort of deal with the 3-letter retailer that won't exist past April. That's where I saw all of their films stocked on a regular basis, and on a certain online retailer that starts with an A. Although they did have Mondo steelbooks at Best Buy/Future Shop. Hopefully it'll change and they'll be more prevalent soon.

Highlighted
Luminary

suddend wrote:
Why does best buy canada not carry mongrel media releases? These releases are becoming more prevalent week by week with many releases by them most notably Manchester By the Sea which is in Oscar contention. I would appreciate you (best buy canada) looking into carrying these releases.

Mongrel deals with independent films and documentaries, not a very high demand in those categories for BB.

They also do their own distribution from Toronto to my understanding, which translate to a niche market with average sales.