Movies & TV Shows

Contributor

Re: Monsters Inc. & Up Coupons

Ian,

Can you please confirm whether these coupons are supposed to be accepted by Futureshop for the steelbooks? I had no problems at all with the Snow White coupon but this time there are stores that are absolutely refusing to accept any coupons.

-someone posted about FS Waterloo: Cashier says the manager informed everyone that they "do not participate" in the Disney coupon promotion.
-dundas square toronto: employee says the coupon is not accepted for steelbooks (they accepted the snow white coupon for the steelbook fine before)
-yonge/eglinton: someone reported that they had luck using the coupons at the cash register, their brother's in store pick up order though was denied the coupons at the customer service desk.
-many other reports, some successful and others denied.
Contributor
trk9

Since these are manufacturer's coupons, I don't see why they would not be accepted.  Disney will re-imburse the stores for the face value of the coupon + 10.25 cents for handling. 
Emerging Expert
andsoitgoes

Please, can someone comment on this?  Who else do we talk to in order to follow up with this?

Visitor
wanton007

I would like to know this as well. I tried using them on the Steelbooks but was told that the manager said to refuse them. They would only accept them on the non-Steelbook versions.

I bought the Steelbooks anyways, but I know others have been able to apply the coupons to the SB. 

Contributor
azereus

Yeah i'd love an answer to this as well, or at least some direction on how to escalate for a proper response.

If they're not going to accept them, then fine. But it should be all or nothing; consistency is what I'm looking for here.  :smileytongue:

Emerging Expert
ibidds
Job Title: Product Buyer
Store: Head Office

Hi all, thanks for posting the issue. Disney did not get us the information for these coupons for system set up until TODAY. This means soonest they will be able to work is TOMORROW.

To be safe, I would give it an extra day.

Hold on to your receipt. I have asked Disney to set up a real help line for this issue as the timing is totally unacceptable.

For the record, we accept all the disney coupons. They are normally set up automatically in our system in advance.

Disney also know's about the lack of the codes for download and are looking at options for customers with that issue as well.

I have been sending you posts directly to the Disney rep.

Thanks for your patience.

Future Shop
Merchandise Manager/Home Office
Vancouver, BC
Visitor
wanton007

Thanks Ian! So to confirm, though, they are valid for the SB versions? They said they would accept them for the non SB versions.

If they don't accept them for the SB's let's say by the weekend, what do I need to do to get them to escalate?

Emerging Expert
blazintrini

Thanks Ian
Contributor
azereus

Ian do you know if any communications will be sent to the store level about this?  I was told flat out no by a store manager today so I'm hesitant to believe he'll change his mind tomorrow or the next day.

Thanks for the update btw

Emerging Expert
MrDisco

I concur, please let the stores know that these are legit coupons. It's always a hassle with retailers (in general) when it comes to coupons found online.
© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.