Movies & TV Shows

Visitor
Gimpy
Accepted Solution

More info on the Skyfall offer?

[ Edited ]

Just wondering if someone could clarify the Skyfall $10 towards a movie ticket offer. Does it work for Cineplex theaters? I haven't made it in to Futureshop to check it out yet and you guys are usually really vague when it comes to promos like this.

Thanks.

Contributor
ma2009

Re: More info on the Skyfall offer?

The offer is for all cinemas. You just select the cinema from a list of local theatres and print out the coupon to give to the cinema cashier

Emerging Expert
TheJord

As most of the titles are $9.99, its a pretty sweet deal

ShoutOUt.JPG

Contributor
Brennan556

I just like to add more info about this promo as I've used this several times before. Once you've redeemed the code on the sticker and printed the certificate, you have to wait at least one week before you use the certificate at the theatre. The movie certificate you've printed is actually a credit card number worth CAN$10 that the theatre personnel will use to process your payment and that certificate needs to go through a processing time period after redemption of the sticker code before you can use it. Failure to wait will cause the certificate to have a "Decline" error when the theatre personnel uses it to process your payment. The theatre will still accept it only after the personnel calls the manager to confirm the certificate after getting "Decline" errors several times. Unfortunately if you're one of the regular SCENE members at Cineplex, you will lose your chance to earn points when you buy your ticket as the manager will use a courtesy pass to process your payment and not your certificate (which on SKYFALL is 3x the SCENE points for a limited time). I've already bought one of the BOND movies and redeemed the code for a $10 certificate two weeks ago so I can use it to pay for my SKYFALL ticket at a Cineplex theatre of my choosing on opening weekend and get my SCENE points without any problems whatsover.

Contributor
atripod

So wait.

I spent $175 on the big 22-film Bond blu set at Future Shop and got no movie cash.

People who spend $9.99 on individual discs get movie cash.

Makes sense.

Trusted Expert / Community Ambassador
Atomic

[ Edited ]

Yeah, but you got the sexy book.

:smileywink:

Contributor
chaingunsofdoom

Sorry Brennan, not sure where you are or you previous experience. But I have input a sticker, printed the "coupon", gone within an hour, used it at the Cineplex cinema nearest me and had no issue. 100 points added as well. One week wait? That's crazy.
Emerging Expert
jceperley

Never knew about the wait time. I work at a Cineplex theatre, and I've never had a movie money coupon be declined. It's just a complicated process, but if your patient and the staff member knows the process, it'll work. Scene points will also be added as usual, as all the coupon is basically seen as a prepaid credit card and not as a prepaid ticket.

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.