Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story steelbook

newmantrophy wrote:
@SonicBoom is it actually the only way to get it in 3D? That's seriously dumb if it is, knowing this is a limited item.

There are only two other nationwide movie retailers in Canada now (not counting supermarkets and drug stores) and neither of them have the 3D, so I would say for the time being Best Buy Canada is the exclusive retailer for Canada.

Truth Seeker
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Disney has once again crapped the bed on 3D release.  I ended up buying the force awakens twice (once regular and once for the super delayed 3D version).  I want the 3D version of Rogue One but it's availability is lacking.  

That being said I ended up grabbing the ***movie**** to watch and will wait for the retail version to come available to purchase at a later date. 

Community Manager

Drum18 wrote:

Pretty sorry to read all the sad stories about you guys not being able to get this.  Truly Smiley Sad

But I've wanted to give a KUDOS to my local store (Best Buy #978) for

a) fixing the price difference

b) exchanging my open copy as the previous one had a hugge scratch in the back

c) giving me a free Funko pop as per the online offer

and ALL this without any hassle, any questionnary, any "let-me-go-see-my-manager", ALL handled like a pro!!! 

<<<< TRULY satisfied customer here!

Img_9780.jpg

@BBYTerence

Thanks for the share @Drum18.

I'm happy to hear about your experience, and I'm glad it all worked out! Enjoy!

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

JarvisMeier wrote:

Disney has once again crapped the bed on 3D release.  I ended up buying the force awakens twice (once regular and once for the super delayed 3D version).  I want the 3D version of Rogue One but it's availability is lacking.  

That being said I ended up grabbing the ***movie**** to watch and will wait for the retail version to come available to purchase at a later date. 

Not going to lie, I assume Disney's plan is to force you to double dip if you want the 3D and didn't get it now. And with the lack of features (deleted scenes specifically), it's almost guaranteed that there will be another version coming during the holidays. I was genuinely surprised to see 3D being offered as an exclusive this time 'round.

The Captain
0 Kudos

ChoobieCheeks wrote:
Btw my steelbook came today in the mail. Unfortunately it has a few dents in the front of the case 😡 The shipping box perfectly fine. How the heck does this even happen? Who's the careless shipper working at the Bedtbuy warehouse? Since I can't exchange as the product is sold out, I lose again, time after time always and only with Bestbuy...

Yeah, I had the same issue...came in a huge box which was undamaged. It packed well and wasn't moving around or anything but lo and behold, I open up the box to find a half inch dent right on the front cover with plastic torn at the same location. It seems like something might have been dropped on it and banged up against it. Seems a bit like carelessness to me.

I did contact customer service (also becasue i wanted to have the price adjusted to the sale price) and she seemed sympathetic and said she would make a note on my order but in the end, i'm not sure what that will accomplish Smiley Sad.

As you mentione as well, I can't really return it because I won't be able to receive another copy since the steelbook is sold out everywhere. I'm lucky in that it hasn't happened to me often but when it does (especially on one of my favorite movies) it's just very disappointing.

The Captain
0 Kudos

BBYTerence wrote:

Drum18 wrote:

Pretty sorry to read all the sad stories about you guys not being able to get this.  Truly Smiley Sad

But I've wanted to give a KUDOS to my local store (Best Buy #978) for

a) fixing the price difference

b) exchanging my open copy as the previous one had a hugge scratch in the back

c) giving me a free Funko pop as per the online offer

and ALL this without any hassle, any questionnary, any "let-me-go-see-my-manager", ALL handled like a pro!!! 

<<<< TRULY satisfied customer here!

Img_9780.jpg

@BBYTerence

Thanks for the share @Drum18.

I'm happy to hear about your experience, and I'm glad it all worked out! Enjoy!

I couldn't find this promotion anywhere Smiley Sad is it already over? 

I wouldn't mind taking advantage of it if i could. It would be some small compensation for receiving my Rogue One steelbook with a dent on the fron cover.

Highlighted
Epic Genius

[ Edited ]
Legendary Epic Genius

There's that arrow again!!

Epic Genius

@SonicBoom

You better be ready, I have PLENTY of it!

Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

arrow.jpg

The Oracle
0 Kudos

Hahaha @Drum18