The Captain
0 Kudos

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story steelbook

Are you supposed to get the Funko with the preorders as well?

The Oracle
0 Kudos

Has to be in your cart or call customer service and see if they will add it for free
Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Looks like my luck finally ran out purchasing steelbooks from BestBuy. Seems like the quality control on this one was lacking. All 3 copies I got were damaged in some way:

Copy 1 had a spine slash, dent on the back and scratch on the bottom left back corner

Copy 2 had a scratch on the back, paint chips on the bottom edges and multiple dents hidden on front and back

Copy 3 was the best copy I ended up keeping even though there was a dent 1/3 of the way down on the back right

Prior to that, was having a good run, not having to open all my copies. This was a huge disappointment since no other copies of this sought after movie were available. I don't blame the shipping packaging this time, but the handling of the steelbooks prior to the j-cards being added.

This was the blingual version that I purchased, though the only difference of course, is the j-card and digital copy sheet.

The Captain
0 Kudos

This was preordered when the preorder started
Luminary
0 Kudos

@ShadowOfLight

Join the club, mine was dinged as well, but in all due fairness to BB Spine slashes and most damages hidden by the "J" card happen from handling prior to BB receiving the items.

I purchased a copy of the Mondo "Boyhood" steelbook which has the plastic slipcover, and it had a spine slash with a dent in the middle to boot. Obviously damage done prior to being cello sealed.

My Rogue One copy has a front bottom edge ding, which could have happened anywhere apart from shipping. The normal oversize box was perfect, and well padded with paper. Bummer since everything was sold out by the time I received it.

I would like to mention that the Scanavo steelbook is fairly easy to disassemble (I've done it many a times), having 3 copies, if you have a perfect front, back and spine/plastic case, you can easily put one together. Agreed, it's a rather expensive undertaking (3 for 1), but probably cheaper than buying a replacement copy from hoarders with the likelihood of receiving another dinged unit. Smiley Wink

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Jacques1400 wrote:

@ShadowOfLight

Join the club, mine was dinged as well, but in all due fairness to BB Spine slashes and most damages hidden by the "J" card happen from handling prior to BB receiving the items.

I purchased a copy of the Mondo "Boyhood" steelbook which has the plastic slipcover, and it had a spine slash with a dent in the middle to boot. Obviously damage done prior to being cello sealed.

My Rogue One copy has a front bottom edge ding, which could have happened anywhere apart from shipping. The normal oversize box was perfect, and well padded with paper. Bummer since everything was sold out by the time I received it.

I would like to mention that the Scanavo steelbook is fairly easy to disassemble (I've done it many a times), having 3 copies, if you have a perfect front, back and spine/plastic case, you can easily put one together. Agreed, it's a rather expensive undertaking (3 for 1), but probably cheaper than buying a replacement copy from hoarders with the likelihood of receiving another dinged unit. Smiley Wink

Hey @Jacques1400

Will I was fortunate enough not to have the problems you unfortunately have had; my only issue was my top latch on the steelbook did not  seem to click shut properly like other steels (and it doesn't appear to be broken). But I was wondering does it seem like this steelbook case seems to be more flimsy and not as sturdy ( the front of the case is a little to flexible or bendable for my taste) as other steelbooks which are more rigid. 

Legendary Epic Genius

So I have seen this before on SteelBooks which have been embossed or debossed.

The metal is pressed and there is a little bit of warpage.

The ROGUE ONE title is on the upper half of the front plate so that is why the top latch is not always connecting to a perfect fit.  Mine does the same thing and I do notice that the front cover is more pliable because of this.

Nothing to really worry about since it doesn't affect the look or function of the SteelBook.  On a shelf, it sits there just fine.

However, I've seen this happen on many embossed SteelBooks where the embossed plate becomes a little more flimsy.  This is less prevalent on SteelBooks which have a larger emboss print around the entire face.

Luminary
0 Kudos

SonicBoom wrote:

So I have seen this before on SteelBooks which have been embossed or debossed.

The metal is pressed and there is a little bit of warpage.

The ROGUE ONE title is on the upper half of the front plate so that is why the top latch is not always connecting to a perfect fit.  Mine does the same thing and I do notice that the front cover is more pliable because of this.

Nothing to really worry about since it doesn't affect the look or function of the SteelBook.  On a shelf, it sits there just fine.

However, I've seen this happen on many embossed SteelBooks where the embossed plate becomes a little more flimsy.  This is less prevalent on SteelBooks which have a larger emboss print around the entire face.

Thank You @SonicBoom for the explanation; I appreciate that. Smiley Happy

I have had that happen to a few steelbooks and when I went to exchange them I; the replacement did the samething. I am just glad it doesn't affect the look or function of the SteelBook. Smiley Very Happy

Legendary Epic Genius

[ Edited ]

Well, you don't have the satisfying CLICK that SteelBook aficianados like, but other than that, it is about the same.

I would rather have embossing on the front and no CLICK, than a CLICK and no embossing.

I am revealing the inner SteelBook geek in me now.

Luminary

[ Edited ]

@bjmaxvin67

Like SonicBoom explained, as long as the latches are intact, nothing to worry about.

Embossing, size (Jumbo's) and amount of discs included all play a part.

The plastic case itself is a pretty standard fare in various configurations, the "snap" comes from the tightness of the metal latching on the 3 sides (nothing on the spine side).

Flat metal designs appear stronger since they are rigid and flat, as opposed to embossed which does not sit flat on the case throughout. That's why they appear to be flimsier, but better looking in my opinion.