Movies & TV Shows

Contributor
trk9

Re: Steelbook Shipping & Package Update

Slooshy wrote:

Cinderella just arrived in a flimsy yellow envelope with no padding, and mine arrived dented along the spine. I think I'm going to find other places to shop for collectibles besides Futureshop.

Same here.  Luckily I pre-ordered this morning and it was ready for pick up.  The store copy was in good shape, so just did a quick exchange.

It's too bad future shop doesn't have the same customer service as some of it's competitors.  All the customers who ordered the Star Trek: TNG Season 1 steelbooks from this competitor were offered replacement steelbooks directly via Paramount, since they were mostly all damaged due to a packing error.  The best future shop can do is tell you to go hunt for one in store (I'm talking about the Avengers).

Emerging Expert
blazintrini

So then it would have to be Disney who would need to get the replacements and then it might depend on how many report them damage all together before future shop can go back to disney and report the problem
dhd
Visitor
dhd

Received my copies all dented, not shipped in a box as said here. NOT HAPPY !!!!

Emerging Expert
FallenPunisher

Why is FS still inconsistant with boxes? Seems to be 50/50 in most cases (ex: Expendables 2 arrives in envelope, Dark Knight arrives in box).

I understand Disney's Metal Packaging isn't considered "Steelbook" but the same policy should apply for them.

PS3 ID: FallenPunisher
Emerging Expert
danno82

i received my copies of finding nemo in a box.

Emerging Expert
FallenPunisher

I ordered The Muppets Disney Metal Packaging and it came in a bubble mailer dented today!

Contributor
Blodia

So my Looper Steelbook shipped in lettermail, aka flimsy yellow envelope..Are you not shipping in boxes anymore? Why this constant breakdown of communication between you and the shipping department?

Emerging Expert
Slooshy

[ Edited ]

Yep, flimsy yellow envelopes are being used to ship these. Absolutely horrible!

Futureshop must enjoy getting damaged returns. I will be returning some.

Emerging Expert
FallenPunisher

Looper arrived in an envelope. I'm considering returning it.

Emerging Expert
Slooshy

FallenPunisher wrote:

Looper arrived in an envelope. I'm considering returning it.

If it's damaged, it's damaged.

The ones being sent from Brampton, Ontario seem to shipped in these junk envelopes.

The ones being shipped from Richmond, B.C. with tracking numbers appear to be shipped in boxes.

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.