Epic Genius

Re: The Force Has Awoken. Steelbook Pre-Orders Open Now PLUS A Fun Contest...

That's because it's a Disney/Marvel release.  There's 2 editions.  BOTH are exactly the same content wise + case, only the exterior j-card are different.  For the Bilingual with French, I wonder if it's a sticker like previous release such as Fantasitc Four (2015) or like Maze Runner Scorch Trial.

Regular (english only j-card):

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/star-wars-the-force-awakens-english-steelbook-only-at-best-buy-b...

m2220254_1.jpg

Bilingual (both English+French jcard)

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/star-wars-the-force-awakens-bilingual-steelbook-only-at-best-buy...

m2220257_1.jpg

Maybe @BBYBilly could confirm for a Sticker or not?

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

pikachuforever wrote:

Thanks for the confirmation @BBYBilly.

Gotta ask though -- can you promise these steelbooks will actually be sent out in a box and not a crappy cardboard mailer? It's 2016 and these problems keep happening. Haven't ordered a steelbook for fear of it coming wrecked, so hoping this will be alleviated with the biggest movie of the year!

So no word on this through all the Stormtrooper entries @BBYBilly?

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

pikachuforever wrote:

pikachuforever wrote:

Thanks for the confirmation @BBYBilly.

Gotta ask though -- can you promise these steelbooks will actually be sent out in a box and not a crappy cardboard mailer? It's 2016 and these problems keep happening. Haven't ordered a steelbook for fear of it coming wrecked, so hoping this will be alleviated with the biggest movie of the year!

So no word on this through all the Stormtrooper entries @BBYBilly?

Bueller? Bueller? @BBYBilly?

Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Wow, the force was not with me on this one was it? I'm very sorry @pikachuforever that I didn't reply sooner.

I just got word from our shipping team that The Force Awakens Steelbooks will in fact ship in cardboard boxes. Smiley Happy

How many times did you see TFA in theatres? I can't wait to watch it again. 

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator
Plug-in | Join the conversation

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Luminary
0 Kudos

Re: The Force Has Awoken. Steelbook Pre-Orders Open Now

I saw it 3 times.

Any confirmation on if the bilingual Steelbook will have the French text printed on it, or if it will just be a bilingual info card?
Legendary Epic Genius

BBYBilly wrote:

Wow, the force was not with me on this one was it? I'm very sorry @pikachuforever that I didn't reply sooner.

I just got word from our shipping team that The Force Awakens Steelbooks will in fact ship in cardboard boxes. Smiley Happy

How many times did you see TFA in theatres? I can't wait to watch it again. 

Thanks for letting us know @BBYBilly. Much appreciated.

I saw it twice -- once in IMAX and once in DBOX. Incredible experience both times. Can't wait to see it on Blu.

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hey @Danno82,

I've been told that the Bilingual version is expected to have both English & French on the cover and spine. 

Do you have the other movie steelbooks? Were they similar that way?

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator

Epic Genius

@BBYBilly
You sure? Not like the previous steel release like Fantastic Four with a simple sticker?

Previous Star Wars steels didn't have any French title. Only the jcard was bilingual
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hey @Drum18,

We've reached out to Disney to confirm. The info I got was from our rep here, but things can always change of course. Once Disney touches base with us and confirms the Bilingual details I'll be sure to pass them along to you. Smiley Happy

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator

Luminary

Have it in hand now. No French text on the cover or spine. Just the j-card as per the norm with these Marvel / Disney releases.