Emerging Expert
Methos

Re: The Town Steelbook

Will this be blu ray size steelbook?

Contributor
wolfbane5

All FS releases have been G2 with the exception of The Expendables since it was Maple's 1st blu-ray steelbook and they obviously screwed up. This is a WB release so it's a fair assumption that they'll get it right considering the number of steelbooks they've released.

Emerging Expert
Methos

It's just after expendables, I'll believe it when if it's confirmed by Brana or I see it.

With todays economy, anythings possible. ie If they were to change it to cut costs.

Trusted Expert
Juice0904

[ Edited ]

Why would a blu-ray steelbook cost more to make than a DVD steelbook?  The disc inside is still a blu-ray disc - DVD sized steelbooks are larger, thus taking more material, more surface area on the cover, etc. so logically, wouldn't it cost more to make a DVD-sized steelbook?

JB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Click on the star!

Emerging Expert
Zak87

I don't really unnderstand while somthing that's smaller costs more money? I've Hurd a couple of people say that
Emerging Expert
digitalbabe

[ Edited ]

Juice, the cost has to do with the fact that there are not many BD sized Steelbook production facilities near the US/Canada (the BD sized cases have traditionally been more popular in other countries) and thus the cost to get them to distribution facilities in our area is costly. The actual production lines for the BD Steelbooks are in countries not near the US/Canada, but DVD Steelbooks became available 1st, and the existing lines are tooled for that size.

In order for them to be cheaper at the manufacturing level, the production lines would need to be retooled or added for the smaller size, which may not have yet been done.

There was some talk that it may happen, but in the meantime to lower costs and or/make more BD-sized Steelbooks available at US/Canada retailers, several retailers have/may release the same BD-sized Steelbook, given minimum order quantities.

As a US retailer "seems" (we don't know for sure until we see actual pictures) to be releasing the same Inception Steelbook as FS and Mexico retailer, it may have now happened in the meantime, or retailers are teaming up as Brana said in the Warner thread, in order to make some of these BD Steelbooks possible, at all.

DB

Emerging Expert
Methos

Thanks Digitalbabe, that's exactly what I was referring to.

Emerging Expert
digitalbabe

Hey Methos, no prob:smileyhappy:

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.