Luminary
0 Kudos

Re: Upcoming SteelBook Discussion Thread

Any word if Best Buy Canada will be getting the steelbook for Passengers. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/passengers-steelbook-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-blu-ray-only--best-buy-2016/571...

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@BBYLaura

Quick resume:

Any infos from those Best Buy USA Exclusive coming to Canada?

Dr. Strange  (please!!!!!!!)
Inferno
Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
Passengers
Sing

Also, any goods news for:

Fantastic Beasts and where to find them

Rogue One

Assassin's Creed

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

No I didn't @casey1985, I was just on the steelbook forum and saw that but I have to admit I'm loving the artwork
Epic Genius

Seems like anything to do with steelbooks is dead. When was the last time @BBYLaura or anyone have any info
Luminary

[ Edited ]

The way things are going right now, I'll probably just end up purchasing items from Best Buy US site and have them ship to my US mailing address. Not the way I want to go about things as I'd like to support companies in Canada. Yes the exchange rates sucks, but considering the number of releases announced on the US site vs the Canadian site, steelbooks in Canada from Best Buy seem to have lost their steam.

Nothing has been updated on this nor the Official SteelBook Announcement List & Thread for ages now (even when a new steelbook is released). Links haven't been updated as they were supposed to be (Jason Bourne, Game of Thrones Seasons 5 & 6, Suicide Squad). What is the purpose of that page at the moment? It may as well be unpinned and taken down.

Yes, I understand, Best Buy owes no one anything, but a response other than looking into it or staying silent is quite troublesome for die hard collectors (yes, we are passionate about collecting and sometimes it shows in not so nice ways) and frustrating to know we may need to turn elsewhere without timely information. It would be nice to get a response other than "we'll check with the team" or "updates coming soon". Most will simply move on to other companies that can supply them with what they want. Looks like I'll be one of them.

Best Buy USA is kicking butt over the Canadian counterpart with releases as Future Shop did back in the day with exclusives and the like. Pricing during Boxing Day left something to be desired. I used to anticipate getting online and purchasing a bunch of steelbooks / blu-rays. This year? Only a coupled steelbook were discounted of which one I already have. Best Buy Canada has lost its edge.

Just my two cents worth.

@BBYLaura @BBYBilly

Legendary Luminary

Not sure if everyone else is in the same boat, but I just got back to work today after the holidays...and I have a feeling that many Best Buy employees including @BBYLaura are likely in the same boat. So while it's frustrating, it's not out of the ordinary that we heard no updates during a holiday season where people might be spending time with their families and not catering to the members of a discussion forum.

That said, is everyone here just buying steelbooks because they're steelbooks or are they buying those movies because they like them? Because Passengers and Assassin's Creed are AWFUL movies -- I'd rather see time invested in making steelbooks for movies that are good that I'd actually want to own.

Legendary Epic Genius

I agree that BB employees have been off for the holidays, so let's give them a chance to get back to work.

I've taken this week off of work myself.

Oh and JACK REACHER: NEVER GO BACK has been announced as a Canadian SteelBook release, but not at Best Buy Canada.  A competitor is carrying it.

Community Manager

Hi everyone,

I've been off a couple of days and am just catching up! I've sent off the list you sent over to see when/whether we will be carrying them. Unfortunately, I haven't been getting as many updates on my end as we once did, so I apologize for the lack of information - it's not for lack of trying!

When I hear anything, I will reply here.

Thanks & Happy New Year!

BBYLaura
Community Manager
Plug-in | Join the conversation

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi again! Back with an update with what movies will be available on steelbook:

Dr Strange - Yes Smiley Happy

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back - No Smiley Sad

Passengers - TBD

Inferno - TBD

Sing - No Smiley Sad

Fantastic Beasts and where to find them - TBD

Rogue One - Yes Smiley Happy

Assassin's Creed - TBD

I don't have any information yet on release dates or anything like that just yet though.

cheers,

BBYLaura
Community Manager
Plug-in | Join the conversation

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Woot!
Thanks @BBYLaura

Great vacations comeback! Smiley Happy

Fantastic Beasts, we need a steel!