Highlighted
Luminary

Re: Upcoming SteelBook Discussion Thread

Maybe the glitch of not having 3D version will be fixed too!....Fail!
USA here I come ☹️
The Oracle
0 Kudos

Thanks @Drum18. I guess I'll have to wait till it's up
Luminary
0 Kudos

Marcus05 wrote:
Maybe the glitch of not having 3D version will be fixed too!....Fail!
USA here I come ☹️

I hope they fix that glitch also; I guess I should happy that we got just the 2-D version.Smiley Wink But I think I will preorder it  just in case I am unable to recieve the 3-D version when ask my brother to pick one up from the states. Smiley Indifferent

The Captain
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Just got off the phone with a customer support agent and they said that the Doctor Strange Steelbook is already sold out. I think that is highly unlikely since they just went for pre-order this morning. Also the product info says that it is available for pre-order. I would really appreciate it if @BBYTerence or @BBYLaura coud confirm this.

kaw The Captain
The Captain
0 Kudos

I've been pretty quiet on here lately, but I felt like I needed to chime in after seeing this Doctor Strange Steelbook.

Best Buy... Why don't you want my money? I want to give it to you. But not having the title on the spine makes me want to buy this elsewhere. I know you don't have control over what the studio wants to release, but you do have imput. You also can tell them you wont carry the item if it doesn't meet your standards.

It is already upsetting that Canada isn't getting many steelbooks anymore, but now when we do... they aren't even something we want to buy.

If you are wondering why people aren't buying psyical releases that much anymore, its because of things like this.

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@TheAmazingJared

I wouldn't worry about Dr. Strange being sold out already.  It will be available.

Unfortunately when it comes to Customer Service at Best Buy, I find that they are not well informed when it comes to items like movies.  I find customer service sometimes to be OK at answering or dealing with general everyday problems but much too often they give out the wrong information about specific items or problems.

I guarantee you that nobody in customer service would have anyway of knowing if any specific steelbook is available.

In fact when I spoke to customer service a couple times about problems with steelbooks, I had to explain to them what a blu-ray steelbook is.  Once they learned what it was and what the problem was, they didn't sound like this was anything they needed to waste their time on.

Sadly, too often that is the impression they give me when I call them about a problem.  

It seems most times they are just looking for the right thing to say to end the call more than they are actually interested in fixing or solving the problem.

Anyway that's my opinion and how it seems to me.  I'm not saying that's everybody's experience with them.

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

TheAmazingJared wrote:

Just got off the phone with a customer support agent and they said that the Doctor Strange Steelbook is already sold out. I think that is highly unlikely since they just went for pre-order this morning. Also the product info says that it is available for pre-order. I would really appreciate it if @BBYTerence or @BBYLaura coud confirm this.

I also  tried again  to see if could preorder the Doctor Strange Steelbook  and I am also still getting the same message. 

We're sorry, one or more items in your order are not available for shipment but may be available for Reserve and Pick Up. Please remove Doctor Strange (English) (SteelBook) (Only at Best Buy) (Blu-ray Combo) (2016) from your cart to proceed with this order. If you would still like the item(s), please Reserve them separately on the product page(s). (0107).. 

Which is annoying because this seems to happen quite often now when there is new steelbook release; you would think that something would be done to fix this by now.

Luminary
0 Kudos

casey1985 wrote:

@TheAmazingJared

I wouldn't worry about Dr. Strange being sold out already.  It will be available.

Unfortunately when it comes to Customer Service at Best Buy, I find that they are not well informed when it comes to items like movies.  I find customer service sometimes to be OK at answering or dealing with general everyday problems but much too often they give out the wrong information about specific items or problems.

I guarantee you that nobody in customer service would have anyway of knowing if any specific steelbook is available.

In fact when I spoke to customer service a couple times about problems with steelbooks, I had to explain to them what a blu-ray steelbook is.  Once they learned what it was and what the problem was, they didn't sound like this was anything they needed to waste their time on.

Sadly, too often that is the impression they give me when I call them about a problem.  

It seems most times they are just looking for the right thing to say to end the call more than they are actually interested in fixing or solving the problem.

Anyway that's my opinion and how it seems to me.  I'm not saying that's everybody's experience with them.

This annoying  seems to happen quite often now when there is new steelbook release; you would think that something would be done to fix this by now.

The Captain
0 Kudos

Yeah the lady on the phone didn't seem to know what was happening. She tried adding it to her cart and stuff and she just assumed they were sold out. It's possible that they get paid per call so that would be why they try to rush through them
Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

I don't think customer service can help with details on their products anymore than what's already online.  Remember that Best Buy also sells guitars and appliances.  I typically use customer service when I have a problem with the ordering system or with specific orders.

Having said that, I'm not too concerned with the lack of a spine title on DOCTOR STRANGE but I definitely need 3D + SteelBook.