Worked for me as well! Yay!

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: Upcoming SteelBook Discussion Thread

Finally. Got my order!
Community Manager

You're welcome @Coltyboy.

I just got into the office. I got an email notifying me that those SKUs are fine now. Glad your order went through.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Pioneer
0 Kudos

I'm getting seriously fed up with trying to order and this website telling me my credit card has expired. It hasn't. It doesn't until October. It's not freakin October yet. Let me place my order.
Highlighted
Luminary
0 Kudos

@DarthFoxMcCloud It could be because the release date is for December 31st still. Should work fine once the date is updated. Hopefully, any ideas @BBYTerence?

Community Manager
0 Kudos

@DarthFoxMcCloud @Coltyboy

I've actually never heard of that happening before. If you don't have another card you want to try, I would suggest trying to make your payment over the phone with customer service at 1-866-237-8289.

I'll ask around about the release date thing, but it might be a while before anyone can give me an answer on that.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

The Oracle
0 Kudos

Release date is in April. I had to use another credit card too due to the placeholder date. Got mine so I'm happy @BBYTerence
Pioneer
0 Kudos

Thank you! I did end up calling because the site also said it wouldn't accept my MasterCard because the numbers weren't right for a MC card. Overall the site is experiencing a lot of glitches. I got the transaction processed over the phone though and the operator also said he'd talk to IT. So just again sorry for the frustration but hopefully this too gets addressed to save others from experiencing it.
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hey @DarthFoxMcCloud.

I'm glad you got the transaction processed over the phone.

Regarding the release date being after the date of your credit card expiring, I just spoke to a colleague in eCommerce about that specific type of scenario, and he's pretty certain that anyone with a credit card that expires before a release date (whatever is set in the system) will not be able to complete the transaction. That is because customers are charged on the card after the release, I believe. 

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator