The Captain
0 Kudos

Re: Upcoming SteelBook Discussion Thread

I would imagine all this stuff is tied to automated systems at BB and/or their suppliers. Even though Disney's marketeting department has spilled the beans on the details and release dates of Doctor Strange and Rogue One, it doesn't automatically mean that their sales/supply chains are ready with all the SKU information/part numbers etc.

The Captain
0 Kudos

Passengers steelbook I assume is a no?
The Captain
0 Kudos

Heey is Passengers steelbook still possible or pretty much a no at this point, thanks
Community Manager
0 Kudos

BBYTerence wrote:

Whgusaud wrote:
@BBYTerence a quick question, for fantastic beasts and assassin's creed, are they gonna be available in store on the release date? Or were any of these online only? I missed out on these two so I just wanna make sure if I can get them in store.

Hey @Whgusaud

I'll find out. Stay tuned.

Hey! 

Fantastic Beasts and Assassin's Creed steelbooks will be available in stores. Quantities will be limited and vary by store.

I have also asked if there will be any more inventory allocated for online orders. There might be, and if so, they will be making that inventory available for online purchase at some point.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Community Manager
0 Kudos

mysteron_x wrote:
Passengers steelbook I assume is a no?

Hey @mysteron_x

I still have not heard any news about the steelbook for Passengers. If anything changes, I'll notify everyone here.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Community Manager

Hey @Whgusaud

I can't be absolutely certain, If there's more inventory of Fantastic Beasts and Assassin's creed available for online purchase, it could be available as early as this evening or tomorrow. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Legendary Luminary
0 Kudos

DarthFoxMcCloud wrote:
Interesting. Well then in this particular case, the Rogue One release date should be changed to April 2017 just because that was officially announced by Disney. I did think it was rather odd the release date still said Dec 31, 2017.

@WaveyDave is correct -- it seems like at least 95% of the time these pre-orders show up on Best Buy's website, they have the 12/31/___ release date placeholder added, even if it has an official release date. If your card expires before then, that's why it won't work.

I've had numerous issues with the placeholders in the past, and even had problems using my Scotia Visa  (which expires in a few years) when I pre-ordered Rogue One on Thursday. Apparently the system just forgot the year it expired.

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hey @BBYTerence,

I am curious are you familiar with Best Buy USA store pickup? Esstential from what I understand you online preoder the movie  but instead of having it mailed to your home Best Buy USA sends you a email when it comes even if it is soon to be realeased item and holds it for 8 days. Please read the link to get a better understanding  http://www.bestbuy.com/site/help-topics/store-pickup/pcmcat204400050014.c?id=pcmcat204400050014 but has Best Buy Canadai considered this it would probably help those who do not want  to pay for shipping and handling. Here is some more information for those who are going arcross the border to purchase steelbooks. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/global-promotions/store-pickup-plus/pcmcat218900050012.c?id=pcmcat218900...

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hey @bjmaxvin67.

I'm not familiar with the BBY USA operations. I'm sure BBYC reviews their operations periodically, but unless the departments involved want to officially change something for good, I have no idea what kinds of ideas they're brainstorming. Thanks for posting those links for everyone!

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Highlighted
Luminary
0 Kudos

About 15 English Doctor Strange Steelbooks left online guys!!