Luminary
0 Kudos

Re: Upcoming SteelBook Discussion Thread

Let's hope Beauty & The Beast Steel has 3D, if Disney releases this one in 3D!

Will Logan be a 4K Steelbook? I will grab it if it is.

Community Manager

Hey @goofysuperman.

Uncertain at this time if Logan will be 4K. 

Once they confirm everything, I'll post that info.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Epic Genius

[ Edited ]

Great job @BBYTerence

So... from my previous list, you are 2/3.  Almost there for 100%.  Keep it up for upcoming months please Smiley Very Happy

Luminary
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

As for the Fate of the Furious (aka Fast & Furious 8), if there is a steelbook, I sure hope they have continuity with the look of the previous steelbooks. The set looks great so far and would suck big time if they go with some other kind of artwork Smiley Sad

@BBYTerence I hope that BestBuy has some pull on the matter Smiley Happy

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Aren't the decisions about steelbooks, whether to carry them, and the design, decided upon long before the film hits theatres?

Luminary
0 Kudos

Not necessarily since many times in the past, steelbooks have been list with artwork to be confirmed once they are released in the theatres. Considering FF8 isn't even out yet, there may be a chance to get it right.

Epic Genius

I would think that the studio already knows what they are going to release as far as the design goes and lets the retailers know at a later date.

I don't think the retailers have a say in the design.

And since the retailers don't know what it will look like, sometimes they display an image with art to be determined later.

Or they just don't list it at all until they know what the art will look like.

These are just my thoughts but I'm basing this on what BBYBilly said long ago about Deadpool.

The decision to carry a Steelbook is made long before a movie hits theatres.  Since nobody had any idea that it would be such a massive hit at theatres (including the studio) Best Buy didn't order enough copies to go around.

So many people pre-ordered It online that the decision not to release copies to stores wasn't announced until 2 weeks before the steelbook release date.

They didn't have enough copies to release to thier stores and it sold out online before the release date if I recall correctly.

Community Manager
0 Kudos

ShadowOfLight wrote:

As for the Fate of the Furious (aka Fast & Furious 8), if there is a steelbook, I sure hope they have continuity with the look of the previous steelbooks. The set looks great so far and would suck big time if they go with some other kind of artwork Smiley Sad

@BBYTerence I hope that BestBuy has some pull on the matter Smiley Happy

Interesting note about the continuity of the artwork with the whole set, @ShadowOfLight. I can't promise anything, but I'll pass that point along. Smiley Happy

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Highlighted
Luminary

@BBYTerence Just a reminder of what they looked like:

fastFurious.jpg

The Captain
0 Kudos

Re: Upcoming SteelBooks Discussion Thread

Just wondering when the listings for the pre-order of "La La Land" will be up. Will it be when it's within a month? Bestbuy USA does it way in advance. @BBYTerence