Luminary
0 Kudos

Re: Upcoming SteelBooks Discussion Thread

[ Edited ]

BBYTerence wrote:

Not yet. I have not received any replies about John Wick, John Wick 2, or Lego Batman.

Hey @BBYTerence,

I noticed that Logan and Kong: Skull Island were not added to this list does mean you have recieved some news (good and/or bad) about them. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey, everyone.

Logan:

I have received no replies regarding all my Logan inquiries other than there being a steelbook available at a date TBD.

Kong:

I have yet to receive any replies regarding my multiple Kong inquiries Smiley Sad

John Wick:

I have not heard anything at all about this one yet.

John Wick 2:

I have heard anything at all about this one yet.

Lego Batman:

Nothing has been confirmed about this one. Last time, they told me they were working on it, but that does not necessarily mean that Best Buy Canada will get it though.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Luminary
0 Kudos

BBYTerence wrote:

Hey, everyone.

Logan:

I have received no replies regarding all my Logan inquiries other than there being a steelbook available at a date TBD.

Kong:

I have yet to receive any replies regarding my multiple Kong inquiries Smiley Sad

John Wick:

I have not heard anything at all about this one yet.

John Wick 2:

I have heard anything at all about this one yet.

Lego Batman:

Nothing has been confirmed about this one. Last time, they told me they were working on it, but that does not necessarily mean that Best Buy Canada will get it though.

Thank You any ways @BBYTerence we appreciate your help; I guess we will have to wait till the "Powers That Be" at Best Buy Canada finally make a decision. Smiley Happy

Community Manager

You're welcome @bjmaxvin67.

Fingers crossed things move quickly! Smiley Happy

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

The Captain
0 Kudos

@BBYTerence

This is an inquiry about the La La Land Steelbook.

I know there's stuff like conversion rates, importing etc that all factor in on cost but $36.99 is kind of steep for a blu-ray steelbook. Considering Best Buy USA is currently charging $19.99 for the same thing, is there something else in the packaging like a 4K UHD disc? 

I'm probably going to pick it up regardless but I just wanted to know about it.

Thanks in advance.

Luminary
0 Kudos

RBlazeLM wrote:

@BBYTerence

I know there's stuff like conversion rates, importing etc that all factor in on cost but $36.99 is kind of steep for a blu-ray steelbook. Considering Best Buy USA is currently charging $19.99 for the same thing, is there something else in the packaging like a 4K UHD disc?

Not that I disagree with you, but there have been times that the price drops on release day, so if you ordered online, you can request a price adjustment from Customer Service at that time.

Comparing the U.S. prices to ours is not really fair, different market altogether, and at $19.99 that's on sale from $22.99 but Sold Out for quite a while now. No 4K per the U.S. store.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/la-la-land-steelbook-includes-digital-copy-blu-ray-dvd-only--best-buy-20...

I purchase large quantities of movies from the U.S. per month (60 to 100), At a 30% exchange rate & the outrageous USPS international shipping costs, $37.00 CDN is not a bargain, but still cheaper than importing one at $19.99 USD. Smiley Wink

Legendary Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Yes, I thought about importing from the US, but with exchange + shipping, it's not really worth it.

Hopefully we'll see a price drop on release day, but that will depend on the competition.

And since we're in Canada and only have a select few competitors left, the Loyal Opposition's price is $24.96.

Legendary Epic Genius

SonicBoom wrote:

Yes, I thought about importing from the US, but with exchange + shipping, it's not really worth it.

Hopefully we'll see a price drop on release day, but that will depend on the competition.

And since we're in Canada and only have a select few competitors left, the Loyal Opposition's price is $24.96.

It's listed as $36.99 in this week's catalogue. So I sincerely doubt there's a price drop between now and release day, unless there's a typo. They know we will pay stupid prices, even without all the content. :'(

Community Manager
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

RBlazeLM wrote:

@BBYTerence

I'm probably going to pick it up regardless but I just wanted to know about it.

Thanks in advance.

Hello @RBlazeLM.

With regard to the La La Land steelbook, I don't know if there's anything additional in it (such as a 4K UHD disc). This release wasn't on my list of new releases that I received, so when it was released, I did not have any visibility of any info about this. I have not received any additional info about this steelbook yet.

I was just on the website, and I would say whatever is listed on the product page is the accurate info as provided by the vendor.

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

And don't forget... $36.99 is the SALE PRICE! until April 27th.

And the 4K version (which isn't a steelbook) is only $32.99...regular price.

I shouldn't really be commenting since I have no interest in this steelbook.  It has a nice classic look to it but I still don't care for it.

As usual I think the regular cover looks better.