Epic Genius
0 Kudos

Re: Upcoming SteelBook Discussion Thread

[ Edited ]

I see a lot of the steelbook prices have changed.  Up and down.

Luminary
0 Kudos

The Ghostbusters steelbook was reduced to $39.99.  I'm hoping the existing preorders will automatically be adjusted and not require us to phone it in.

Epic Genius
0 Kudos

@cgmk
They keep promising about the auto price adjustment BUT it never happens. Better cancel and reorder at new price to save the hassle.
Luminary

ShadowOfLight wrote:

@BBYBilly ... still, they should get the smaller boxes. Would think it would save money on shipping costs and help protect the steelbooks better. Received my 3 copies Civil War steelbooks in a small box, but then a single copy of Winter's War arrived in a huge box with paper. Makes no sense to me!

The battle to get boxes for steelbooks dates back to the legacy FS days, I'm not even going to touch the battles that raged over the Viva Metal for Disney exclusives.

First Paper Bubble Mailer, then Oversized Vinyl Mailer, followed by Cardboard Mailers, and finally boxes which were exactly the same oversized ones we get every so often, and finally the smaller ones.

During the entire transition to full time boxes, it was always a gamble and more often than not, a rush to the store on Tuesdays or Fridays to pick-up a clean copy because of it.

Having gone through this transition, kudo's to BB who managed to find consistency shipping steelbooks in boxes over the years, no matter how big or small, it beats a Vinyl Mailer any day. As someone mentionned, they probably ran out of the smaller ones.

Shipping contracts are negotiated with the various carriers, to BB the cost is probably the same anyway. On a personal note, I've had equal amounts of damaged steelbooks with either sizes over the years, as long as the steelbokk is boxed, I'm happy. Smiley Happy

Luminary

Fair enough. Definitely way better than getting the bubble mailers. I suppose, so long as they arrive safely, then that's what matters. Still, with steelbooks being so popular, that little extra care with smaller boxes doesn't hurt.

Cheers!

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hey everyone,

I'm hoping I can help answer the question about the Ghostbusters (2016) price adjustment. 

You'll see an update to your account when your game ships, you'll be charged the new price of course at that time Smiley Happy

BBYBilly
Community Coordinator
Plug-in | Join the conversation

Luminary
0 Kudos

Any news about Game of Thrones: Seasons 5 & 6 on SteelBook? @BBYBilly

Pre-orders up at competitors sites already....

Epic Genius

@BBYBilly

As mentionned before, we need those (from USA Best Buy):

dawn.jpgfightclub.jpgmartian.jpgmazerunner.jpgrevenant.jpgrise.jpgxmen1.jpgxmen2-x2.jpgxmen3-laststand.jpgxmen4-firstclass.jpgxmen5-dofp.jpg

Luminary
0 Kudos

@Drum18 I would buy every one in a heart beat, as i'm sure every collector would! Make it happen @BBYBilly!! Please!!

The Captain
0 Kudos

@Drum18 I'm with you on that one too mate! Canada should have those up for pre-order too. Hopefully they will have an update soon.