Emerging Expert
jceperley

Upcoming Steelbooks

Just wondering what are the upcoming plans for any steelbooks. All I've heard is that The Lord of the Rings Trilogy is confirmed for one in April. But what else is coming? I'm just wondering about the big new releases in the coming weeks and months. Sherlock Holmes? Dr. Parnassus? Where the Wild Things Are? Avatar?

Or even on the catalog side, what are the chances of the animated Lord of the Rings or even some of the upcoming Spielberg titles, both Minority Report and Saving Private Ryan are now announced for later this spring and I could imagine some cool looking steelbook designs for either one. 

Contributor
beeshaw

Re: Upcoming Steelbooks

2012, New Moon and Sherlock Holmes will all be Steelbooks. Aside from that Brana has posted a 'wishlist' of Steelbooks that s/he'd like to get out there. Among them were Braveheart, Fight Club, Leon: The Professional and The Fifth Element. Other than that, nothing's really been confirmed.

Although we have been told that there are no current plans for Toy Story 1 and 2 or Minority Report.

Emerging Expert
isny

I think Ian had pretty much confirmed Avatar.

Contributor
beeshaw

Avatar would be a no brainer. But I think it's far from confirmed, especially since Ian is no longer in this department. Brana did say that Ian did have somethings in the pipeline before he left though. There hasn't been much in the way of announcements though.

Emerging Expert
Brana

Here is what is confirmed for now:

1) 2012 - Mar 02

2) New Moon (with free bonus Twilight Steelbook) - Mar 20

3) Sherlock Holmes (Ironpack) - March 30th

- sorry about this one but it was set in motion before my time and it is what it is

4) LOTR Trilogy - Apr 6

** Avatar is not happening as the studio via Cameron is not allowing any exclusives or modoficatios to the standard plan for the still rumoured April release. We are actively pushing to a deluxe Steelbook version for later in the year.

* Saving Private Ryan is being worked on for May. No confirmation yet on if we'll be able to pull this off yet.

Emerging Expert
isny

I'm sure lots of people will be happy getting New Moon and Twilight both in SB together at one price. (Not me, but I'm sure it will still sell out!)

Contributor
beeshaw

Thanks for the confirmation Brana!

Sucks about Avatar (and the Sherlock Iron-Pak), but that's a bonus for the Twilight 'saga' fans. Pretty solid!

Any chance of getting a peek at the artwork for any of the announced Steelbooks?

Emerging Expert
jceperley

[ Edited ]

The missing Avatar steelbook is probably the same reason for the missing Toy Story steels- a much bigger special edition are being planned for the holidays (most likely in 3D for both titles). Don't really care about Avatar though. Nice to hear that Sherlock is getting an Ironpak (don't know how different they are from steelbooks - can't find a copy of Terminator and on Harry Potter I went with the lenticular slipsleeve the regular version has), but isn't it ironic that Sherlock gets an Iron case and yet RDJ's next film, Iron Man 2 is getting (most likely) a steel case. 

But Brana, are we gonna get any inside peeks as to the artwork for any of these titles, especially since both 2012 and Sherlock are next month. 

And fingers crossed for the Saving Private Ryan case, should be a great one. 

Emerging Expert
bigjee

[ Edited ]

jceperley wrote:

The missing Avatar steelbook is probably the same reason for the missing Toy Story steels- a much bigger special edition are being planned for the holidays (most likely in 3D for both titles). Don't really care about Avatar though. Nice to hear that Sherlock is getting an Ironpak (don't know how different they are from steelbooks - can't find a copy of Terminator and on Harry Potter I went with the lenticular slipsleeve the regular version has), but isn't it ironic that Sherlock gets an Iron case and yet RDJ's next film, Iron Man 2 is getting (most likely) a steel case. 

But Brana, are we gonna get any inside peeks as to the artwork for any of these titles, especially since both 2012 and Sherlock are next month. 

And fingers crossed for the Saving Private Ryan case, should be a great one. 

You can order them from FS.ca
FS IronPack releases

Honor role member #5
Sweet!

Emerging Expert
iNCREDiPiNOY

Brana wrote:

Here is what is confirmed for now:

1) 2012 - Mar 02

2) New Moon (with free bonus Twilight Steelbook) - Mar 20

3) Sherlock Holmes (Ironpack) - March 30th

- sorry about this one but it was set in motion before my time and it is what it is

4) LOTR Trilogy - Apr 6

** Avatar is not happening as the studio via Cameron is not allowing any exclusives or modoficatios to the standard plan for the still rumoured April release. We are actively pushing to a deluxe Steelbook version for later in the year.

* Saving Private Ryan is being worked on for May. No confirmation yet on if we'll be able to pull this off yet.

You said New Moon will come with free bonus Twilight Steelbook, so that means the original Twilight will also be in Steelbook? Please clarify for me.

BS Hunter
Administrator
© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.