Visitor
orangegap

Confused about my Wii U In store Pre-order. Help?

Hey there,

Last Friday, I went into my local Future Shop and pre ordered a Wii U.  Contrary to previous pre orders, the associate said that I needed to do a pre order through the Future Shop website and have the shipping address point to the stores location instead of my home.  He took me over to the instore computer to fill out the order information for me and changed my shipping address to that of the store.  He said that by doing this, I am guaranteed to pick up the Wii U on the Sunday it comes out.

To be honest, I'm worried that the two people helping me out have no idea what they're talking about since I've never seen this before.  Anyone else Pre-order a Wii U the same way?

Thanks,
Rob

Trusted Expert / Community Ambassador
Drax86

Re: Confused about my Wii U In store Pre-order. Help?

I have never seen that before. Even if its going to the futureshop address there is no guarantee that you will get it on the day it comes out. Also are the people that are working that day going to know that there is a Wii coming in for you

Visitor
orangegap

Well the package slip has the Future Shop address but with my name so yes, they should know it's me. However, it they don't get it the day the Wii is released, what would be the point of Pre Ordering it? Why wouldn't I just have it sent to my house?
Trusted Expert / Community Ambassador
Drax86

pre-ordering guarantees you will get one not that you will get it on release day. If they had let you pre order in store then you could have gone in on release day and get one

Contributor
CUL8R
Job Title: Product Buyer
Store: Head Office

We are working on this capability but as of right now we do not have the ability to pre-order a product online and have you pick it up at a store location. Only on active products can you "reserve" a product for in-store pickup.

Great feedback though, we can use it to help ensure associates have the right info.

I would suggest you quickly update your online order to have product delivered to your personal address to ensure you get it. The info we have is that the consoles will be very limited at launch.

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.