Announcements

Today we announced that Best Buy and Future Shop are consolidating as Best Buy. This means the products, services, and features you have come to expect from Future Shop and FutureShop.ca will now be available at Best Buy and BestBuy.ca. We have plans to invest up to $200 million to build a leading multi-channel customer experience on the Best Buy brand.

Visit futureshop.ca for more details & click here to learn more about what this means for the Tech Yeah Community.

Please visit the Best Buy Plug-in Video Gaming forum to get your questions answered.

Contributor

Possible 'The Last Story' Steelbook?

XSEEDGames annouced that ALL first print copies, will come with a 44-page softcover art book and a custom outer box. So it doesn't matter who consumers purchase from, everyone gets the same bonus. However, if FutureShop offers a steelbook, the steelbook may get consumers to purchase from FutureShop, and not from the competitors.

This is what the Europeans got:

Emerging Expert

Re: Possible 'The Last Story' Steelbook?

Great Suggestion, great looking game..  Unfortunately on this one it's not going to be possible for FS..

Emerging Expert

Would of loved a steelbook for The Lasy Story but I don't think its possible since its already so close to release date and so far nothing about it.

Usually they will announce it a month early so people can pre-order.

Blogger

Wouldn't it be so lovely though? Ahhh...if only...

Emerging Expert

Hi everyone,

Sadly, we will not have an exclusive steelbook for The Last Story :smileysad: We tried to make it happen but due to lead times, and a few other factors we weren't able to.

Now, what I can say is that this year we will have about twice as many steelbooks as last year. A whole bunch will be announced over the next coming week.

Thanks,

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just an update, the official release date has been announced. It is August 14, 2012

Also, XSeed revealed a new pre-order bonus

Source: IGN.com

Edit:

I forgot to ask, is FutureShop going to have the soundtrack as a pre-order bonus too?

Visitor

I'd also like to know if it comes with the CD - i may switch my pre-order if it doesn't.

Visitor

I emailed XSEEDgames if the bonus soundtrack is limited to the 3 retailers mentioned in the IGN article, they replied that the 3 retailers are just a sample of retailers and other retailers will get the preorder bonus. And said that we should ask other retailers directly if they will carry the soundtrack.

Contributor

Less than 10 days left.
Is it safe to say Future Shop won't have the bonus soundtrack sample?
Contributor

The official website is up.

More information for anyone that's on the fence: http://thelaststorywii.com

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.