Nintendo DS, 3DS, Wii, Wii U & Wii Mini

Visitor
caylinm

Wii stocks

I notice on the website most British Columbian FS stores say they do not carry Wiis anymore is this just a mix up or true?

Exalted Expert
Exalted Expert
hb

Re: Wii stocks

[ Edited ]

True. They have been sold out since boxing day at every store across the country and for some reason they have not been able to refill any of their stock over the past month - it is not even available for online purchase.

Visitor
Question77926

do you have wii?

do you have wii?
Exalted Expert
Exalted Expert
hb

Re: do you have wii?

At the moment, the Wii is sold out online and is probably also sold out in most stores because of the Christmas and boxing day sales. You could try phoning the Future Shop stores in your local area directly to find out if they have stock. Unforutnately it is not possible to check store stock online until Future Shop's extended boxing day sale ends on January 8.

Emerging Expert
cbruner
Job Title: Associate
Store: Head Office

Thanks for taking the time to post your question.

With products of this nature, where demand is high and stock levels fluctuating all the time, the best plan for success is to call your local stores with the SKU number or WebID # and ask them if it is in stock

Here is a link to the store locater and the SKU/WebID you are interested in is 10094887

Hop you found that information helpful

Visitor
laura1572

Future Shop seems to be the only place that hasn't go their stock replenished yet, as every other place already has restocked them since Christmas - although the price has increased even though it's not available. I guess it was just either bad inventory management or for some reason FS's relationship with their supplier isn't as important as it should be. Either way, I waited long enough and will be buying mine elsewhere (along with RB2 and a bunch of other games) as I'm sure many people have already done. My money spends nicely wherever my item is available...I used to have FS loyalty, but in this day & age if you can't stay competitive, then you won't get the business.

Contributor
Maharu

FutureShops within my area get them weekly and sell out within the day. It's rather annoying since Nintendo stock only come from Nintendo and not FutureShop. If FutureShop is sold out other competitors are sold out since it's all from the same shipping truck.

Visitor
Question79571

why is the nintendo wii out of stock since Christmas

why is the nintendo wii out of stock since Christmas
Trusted Expert
Juice0904

Re: why is the nintendo wii out of stock since Christmas

Future Shop stock is based on the amount that is sent from each manufacturer.  If Nintendo does not ship out any more Wii consoles, then no stores will have it once they are sold out. 

Unfortunately, you'll just have to wait patiently for Nintendo to send out more consoles, as they send out a total stock all at the same time to a number of different companies, distribution of which is based on a number of different factors. 

It's only a matter of time before more come into stock, but since there is such a high demand for them, I would be checking things out daily, or calling your local Future Shop daily, because they will go like hotcakes once they are in stock again.

Thanks for the question!

JB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Click on the star!

Exalted Expert
roparadi
Job Title: Associate
Store: Head Office

Re: why is the nintendo wii out of stock since Christmas

Also keep in mind that these sell quickly, so even if they do come back in stock, they won't be for long(sometimes not even a day).

Robert Paradis
ConnectPro Online Support Expert

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.