Emerging Expert
TripleQ
Accepted Solution

Wii U Delays

I've been hearing rumours.. and let me stress.. RUMOURS.. that Wii U's are being delayed 1-2 weeks in Canada.  Can anyone comment on Futureshop's situation in securing units for launch day for pre-orders?  I imagine they should be in the warehouses if not stores already.

Remember.. RUMOURS..

Emerging Expert
CaptainFalcon

Re: Wii U Delays

We don't comment on rumours or speculation :smileywink:

So I personally haven't heard of any such delays. I have heard of the rumours, but as far as I know the launch date is still the launch date. 

Emerging Expert
TripleQ

Thanks for the quick reply, sounds good to me!
Contributor
BobSingh

One of my friends was contacted by a "Competitor", and told that only the Wii U deluxe have been delayed. They told him to cancel his order and order the basic set instead. But he hasn't cancelled his order yet.

Emerging Expert
rezblue

[ Edited ]

I've searched high and low for any information about this rumor and nobody is talking about it anywhere. If this were true we would have already known about it. This is the first time and place i've heard it. 

May I also add, if my pre order is delayed 1-2 weeks so that Americans can have more Deluxe models I am going to be LIVID!!!

Visitor
SGDGK

[ Edited ]

Yes call (competitor) customer service and they will tell you that no Deluxe units will be available in Canada at launch. I have a pre order there. They said the info is directly from Nintendo so.

Emerging Expert
Neonridr

[ Edited ]

I haven't heard anything from (competitor) regarding that.  And several stores in Ontario are having midnight launches, so I highly doubt that rumour is true.

Emerging Expert
rezblue

I got a tweet from Futureshop over the weekend, when I brought up the rumor. " No reason to believe the rumour based on our Info. thx"

Emerging Expert
Neonridr

[ Edited ]

I spoke with(competitor) and they have the units allocated to fill their preorders, so I don't know where all this delay rumour stuff is coming from.  The above poster said something about (competitor), I wouldn't order console related stuff from them anyways, because they are not that big of a store to be securing launch units.

I don't see this being a problem for stores like Future Shop.

Visitor
bayfieldtidyup

I got the email and confiremd by phone from another stource that they weill be delayed 1-2 weeks for the deluxe bundle, no offer was made to switch me to a basic set. No word for the FS as to it being good to go on Sunday. I'll be very upset to arrive there and leave empty handed.

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.