Emerging Expert
sweetestbaby

Wii U In-Store Launch?

Are any stock reserved for in-store purchase on launch day?

Emerging Expert
Neonridr

Re: Wii U In-Store Launch?

It will depend on how many units Future Shop allocated.  Are they only getting enough to fill their preorders or will there be extra?  I know they stopped doing preorders for the black deluxe model, however the white basic model is still available for preorder.  My guess would be if you really want one guaranteed, I would preorder the basic model to be safe.  It's possible there may be some available on launch day, but I wouldn't hold my breath.  We don't even know 100% if those of us that preordered the system will be guaranteed a unit on launch day.

Emerging Expert
saybinator

Future Shop has worked closely with Nintendo to ensure we have product for our preorder customers.

If you want to secure a unit for launch day, we are still taking preorders instore and online of the white Wii U.  There are very few still left so I recommend doing it soon...

For launch day, we will have units available for both Wii U models on a first come first serve basis.  If you have not preordered, and you plan on buying day one make sure you are at a store early on launch day to secure your spot in line to get one.

Visitor
iSober

are you saying if i walk in mid-day with my Wii U preorder - it might be too late?

are you saying someone standing in line takes priority over my pre-order?

Emerging Expert
Neonridr

iSober, do you have a preorder to pickup or have it delivered to you?  If you preordered online, then there is no store pickup option, and if you preordered it in store, then it's reserved for you.

They are saying that there is some stock outside of what has been allocated for preorders that will go on sale to the general public.  If you have a preorder, they should not give away your unit (I say should not for fear of an accident).  My advice to you is either A) if they have a midnight launch, go then or B) go for when the store opens

I wouldn't take my chances on anything, regardless if my receipt said anything otherwise.. :smileywink:

Emerging Expert
saybinator

iSober, here is the clarity on your questions:

Are you saying if i walk in mid-day with my Wii U preorder - it might be too late?

Not at all.  Pre-ordering creates a reserve which stores set aside for up to 72 Hours (3 Days).  If you preordered a Wii U at a Future Shop store it will be reserved and waiting for you to pick up when you decide to pick up (Between Hour 1 and Hour 72).

Are you saying someone standing in line takes priority over my pre-order?

Not at all.  Pre-orders are held up to 72 hours as indicated above.  We will have additional limited quantities available day one for those who line up for Wii U - First Come First Serve.

Hope that helps. 

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.