Visitor
Stv_c

Can no longer combine gift cards?

I've been purchasing gift cards occationally as a way to put aside some money for the new iPod Touch.  I noticed that you can only use a max of 3 gift cards with an online order and since the Touch isn't in stock anywhere, that may be the only way to get one anyime soon.  So I stopped by a local Future Shop on my lunch break today to combine my stack of gift cards so that I could make an online order and was told by the staff that they no longer combine gift cards.  I this actually the case?  If so I'd suggest chaning the online ordering system to allow for more than a few gift cards to be used in a purchase.  The person who told me that they stopped combining cards seemed to be in the middle of a conversation with another staff member at the time so maybe they just didn't feel like doing it. 

Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador
Tanarus

Re: Can no longer combine gift cards?

Future Shop is transitioning to a new point-of-sale system in-store that allows associates to use more then three methods of payment on in-store purchases.  The associate you were speaking with might have figured you wanted to buy something in-store, and combining gift cards is no longer necessary now.

Having said that, for the purposes of online purchases, you should still be able to buy a single gift card with the credit spread across multiple gift cards. Mention that you need to make an online purchase with your gift cards next time, and that the online store still only accepts up to three payment methods. They should be able to take care of you.

Ken R.
Tanarus Computer Solutions, Orangeville Ontario
Former ConnectPro Computer Technician
Visitor
Stv_c

Thanks.  I'll give it a shot.

Visitor
Stv_c

Well, that almost worked.  They combined some gift cards but four of them were showing up as store credit or something and apparently they aren't able to be combined.  They show up fine in the system as having money on them and can be used for purchases but I was told there's no way to consolidate them.  So in the end the series of giftcards can't be used to buy my iPod Touch online.  Which, as luck would have it, is currently listed as 'In Stock' in the online store but sold out throughout the city.  Wouldn't be an issue if you could order online and have it sent to your desired store for pickup, at which time I could just pay with my giftcards.  But of course you can't do that. 

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.