Pioneer
0 Kudos

Garbage warranty policy

I bought an Asus ROG laptop. Screen is pixeling or showing artifacts, and randomly shuts down. Brought it to their so called geek squad, which told me the exact same thing Asus told me. Ship the unit to Asus for repairs.... This is **bleep**ing rediculous, there is a **bleep**ing Asus repair center in Markham, and I have 3 year warranty with manufacturer, so the **bleep** I payed u **bleep**s for? To not take responsibility, replace the unit in your **bleep**ing store and you deal with Asus directly? I can **bleep**ing drive there myself and speak with them while in warranty​ and outside. I don't **bleep**ing have to pay best buy for that pointless **bleep**. This is the worst **bleep**ing experience I had with ur warranty, if I would have purchased the unit from **competitor**, which btw has excellent customer care and service, with the same warranty, they would have exchange the unit on the spot. But no, u **bleep**s need 2 **bleep**ing weeks to fix the device, through Asus and a fat amount to pay on the warranty, for **bleep** I can do myself, by walking in the Asus repair center, also as I stated, within that 3 year warranty.
Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

Re: Garbage warranty policy

If you didnt get a geek squad warranty, then yes you do have to deal with the manufacture for warranty issues. 

WIth some Brands Best Buy can deal with the warranties on your behalf, but it sounds like Asus may not be one of those brands.

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Pioneer
0 Kudos

My friend if u would have understood the text I put above, u would know that I already bought in-store warranty with best buy
Highlighted
Legendary Hero of the Universe

I'm not sure anyone could understand that with so much profanity. Depending what kind of plan you got, some don't kick in until after the manufacture warranty ends

Pioneer
0 Kudos

Bud may I ask.... Are u an employee of Best buy, because it seems that u kiss quite a bit of corporate ass....
Legendary Epic Genius

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

PCgamer I must say to start off using profanity is not a good way to try and get people to help you. I do realize your experience thus far has not been positive but it is not appropriate behaviour regardless of whether or not members on this forum are or are not employees of Best Buy.

Now lets get on to the issue at hand.

I purchased an Asus RoG laptop as well, the sticker on the box only says 1 year warranty - where are you seeing 3 years?

Next, if you are outside of the return policy (which is 14 days) or even past 30 days (generally an exception is made during this time frame) then under the warranty plan you bought, the unit needs to be sent out to our service center on your behalf, it is then repaired and shipped back. There is no direct exchange type of warranty, and I am unware of any competitor doing this as well for laptops, they are typically all repair first, then if not possible/economical to repair it is then exchanged.

Now onto the store part, maybe I am misunderstanding the first part of your message but did the store you went to direct you to send the unit to Asus yourself or that we would send it for you? As I mentioned above units within any sort of warranty are repaired at our own service center with a couple of exceptions.

Senior Precinct Chief Store #965 - Badge #70627
Legendary Oracle

That Asus Rog is a nice unit. bummer about your display issue.

FYI, The Geek Squad Protection Service Plan, is NOT a warranty. It's a "Service Plan".

As @Drax86 mentioned, and as you were likely informed at the store at the time of purchase, the Service Plan will emulate the manufacturers warranty, with additional benefits, which the manufacturer does not provide. This Service plan comes into "Full effect" after the manufacturers warranty has expired. You still get many benefits of the plan within that period.

While any unit is covered by the manufacturer's warranty, it MUST be shipped to that manufacturer, or to a nearby authorized service depot for repairs or replacement.

Both the Manufacturer and Geek Squad provided you with similar information.

It's possible that you may not have understood your salesperson at the time of purchase, when the plan was explained to you, and understandably you are upset, as you may not realize what the plan actually covers and how the Geek Squad Protection Total Plan works. If this is the same plan you purchased, there is also Geek Squad Protection Plan

however it doesn't have as full coverage.

If you're unsure about how this Service Plan works, you can check out the Terms and Conditions of your specific plan to make sure you understand the process.

If you made the purchase within the past 30 days, you can return to the store with the unit, for a full refund if you so desire.