Exalted Expert
Krypto

Looks like it's time to put this back at the top of the l...

Looks like it's time to put this back at the top of the list as lots of people are looking for this info.  Thanks for posting the original note Laura!

If you think a post deserves credit, give it a thumbs up by clicking on the White Star.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor

a couple questions. 1) if I get hired would my salary at...

a couple questions. 1) if I get hired would my salary at future shop be totally on commission or would there be an hourly rate and commission. 2) this may differ from province but what would be my salary every paycheck if I worked in Product Merchandising?
Trusted Expert
Dave

156k: That's something to ask in your interview. ;)

156k: That's something to ask in your interview. :smileywink:

A+ Certified Computer Technician
www.theFakeGeek.com

Has this post helped you out? Please click on the star on the left!

Visitor
HedgehogsDream

Pay? Requirements?

i have a question about payment if say i got a job here in gaming also id like to know what the requirements for working in the gaming section?

thanks ^^

Trusted Expert
Dave

Once again you can discuss payment with a manager. ;)   T...

Once again you can discuss payment with a manager. :smileywink:

The requirements for gaming are not strict; you must demonstrate gaming knowledge and have some retail experience.

A+ Certified Computer Technician
www.theFakeGeek.com

Has this post helped you out? Please click on the star on the left!

Visitor
HedgehogsDream

questions

[ Edited ]
well ive been a gamer basically all my life and im a collector of games and game systems,by the way is retail the only thing possible to do with the gaming section or is there anything else? also is the retailing position a commision type?
Message Edited by HedgehogsDream on 10-04-2008 08:54 PM
Recognized Expert
Nightwraith40k

I was just wondering what volunteer work would help when...

I was just wondering what volunteer work would help when it comes to applying for a job at Futureshop, say... gaming or computer department. I know I am not going to get a job while I am in high school, but I most likely will need one in the summer break in between the university school year. I right now volunteer in my school's holiday craft show every year and I am looking into volunteering at the hospital. PC gaming and technology are my passion. I know not many places that people volunteer at involve technology, so is it more concentrated on social volunteer work?

Thanks, I'm just curious.

Space Ponies!
Dude, Where's My Thumb?
Visitor
Xero

I've been applying for a job at my local Futureshop for a...

I've been applying for a job at my local Futureshop for awhile now and I'd like some kind of real confirmation that my applications are getting though... I've followed the directions in this thread so hopefully I'll get at least a phone interview, but now I'm wondering if that's all I can do? Is there anyone I can talk to at the local Futureshop that I'm applying to just to touch base and let them know I exist and such?

My Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Overclocked to 3.00GHz : BFG GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB Overclocked : 3GB Crucial RAM : Striker Extreme Motherboard : 2x Seagate 500GB SATA Hard Drives : 2x LG Super-Multi-Writers : OCZ 850 Watt GameXStream Power Supply
Emerging Expert
ccarter

It might be worth swinging by your local store after you'...

It might be worth swinging by your local store after you've applied and following up in person with a manager.
Contributor

was i excused from requirements?

i went online and did the online interview i got a phonecall and did a in person interview they said they would call in like a week if i got an interview with the GM but i looked on the site and it said it said i had to have a high school diploma but they didnt bring that up at the interview. will i still be able to get the gm interview or will they reject me?
© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.