Announcements

Today we announced that Best Buy and Future Shop are consolidating as Best Buy. This means the products, services, and features you have come to expect from Future Shop and FutureShop.ca will now be available at Best Buy and BestBuy.ca. We have plans to invest up to $200 million to build a leading multi-channel customer experience on the Best Buy brand.

Visit futureshop.ca for more details & click here to learn more about what this means for the Tech Yeah Community.

Please visit the Best Buy Plug-in Off-Topic forum to get your questions answered.

Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador
Exalted Expert / Community Ambassador

Homeless Hotspots?

What do others think about this job concept? 

Would you pay for this service?

Would you want your children making $50 a day?

Trusted Expert

Re: Homeless Hotspots?

I've watched the first article and while it may seem like it is a helpful service, I don't think it is really benefiting the community since there are no skills learned by these homeless people selling WiFi hotspot service, and I don't feel comfortable giving homeless people cash.

I would much prefer to donate to a local shelter or community centre where I know that my dollars will be going towards actual aid.

If this was a job where these people were trained with some work skills, I would support it more.  As it stands, they are just peddling a service that was strapped to their backs.  Once you take these devices away, they have no means to make their lives better.

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.