Off Topic / Feedback

Visitor
Question87092
Accepted Solution

I can't view the future shop flyer. I type in my postal ...

I can't view the future shop flyer. I type in my postal code and hit submit and a blank window pops up. Seems like I'm missing a plugin or something. Any suggestions?
Contributor
Hayden

Re: I can't view the future shop flyer. I type in my postal ...

Explain a little more is it completely blank?

Recognized Expert
Bozoman777

Hello there! I would suggest trying it again, or refreshing the page. Once you type in your postal code, a new window pops up that gives you the option to view the flyers either as HTML or Flash based.

If you cannot get the link to work, you could also check your local newspaper as our flyers are handed out weekly in newspapers across Canada.

Jar C.
Entertainment Associate
Store #613 Oshawa
#1 Store in Canada, FY10
1st Store to be Customer 4 Life Certified
Visitor
jellob

There are 2 reasons why some of us have problem with this suggestion.

1) Not everyone gets your flyers from our local newspaper. Not sure what the reason may be, I assume they can't find anyone to do the flyer job.

2) Refreshing the page as you suggested doesn't help as I am using FireFox. Internet Explorer works fine but I don't like Internet Explorer.

If the next thing you're going to suggest is to "well then you're just going to have to use Internet Explorer if you want to read our flyers online", then I'll just have to say that this is another poor customer service. A big corporation like FutureShop should do what it takes to satisfy customers, and making the online flyer viewable for all browser is not only satisfying customers but also raking in potential customers. I mean why wouldn't FutureShop incorporate FireFox? FireFox dominates Internet Explorer as far as number of users are concern. That's thousands of customers lost if they all think like the way I do.

Ricky

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
JS

[ Edited ]

I'm having no issue viewing the flyer in FF - Chrome or IE. Could you please copy the URL and the error messgae you get when you try to view the flyer.

Also just a reminder that most people who will reply to your post do not work for Future Shop and are trying to help you with your issue.

Hope we can figure out what is causing you this issue.

Edite: Have you tried both Flash and HTML versions?

Visitor
jellob

[ Edited ]

There is no error message. After inputing the postal code, a new window pops up with HTML/Flash flyer link. Clicking on either one of them pops up another window with a blank page with now error message.

Ricky

Oh by the way, I have the exact problem on (Competitor)  online flyers as well. Postal code > HTML/Flash > blank popup.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
JS

[ Edited ]

Do you by any chance have an add-on to block ADDS? or Pop-up? This could explain why you see it in IE but not FF (I ask cause I think the add-on adblock plus can cause this type of issue)

Visitor
jellob

Yes I had pop-up blocker add-on enabled. After disabling it, I can now see the flyers. Thanks for the help.

Ricky

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
JS

Glad I could help!
Visitor
thinkaboutgolf

I have had the same problem for a while now. I use FF, but doesn't seem to have a Pop-Up blocker on.

I suppose I go to Tools / Add Ons / Extensions, buy do not have any pop up blockers on.

Am I looking in the wrong place??

© 2011 Future Shop. All rights reserved. For personal, noncommercial use.