Pioneer
0 Kudos

Looking for a manager to escalate my issue.

[ Edited ]

Hi Bestbuy Team,

Would you kindly help me to look for a Case Manager? 

Here is my scenario:

I ordered an Olympus Mirrorless camera and received it on May 17. I contacted Bestbuy thru email on June 8, if I can still return it, the item is unopened and never even open the packaging. I know that it is 7 days passed of your 14-day policy, but I asked for consideration since I just gave birth and been on bed rest prior giving birth. But they said No as per your Return Policy. I found it a little inconsiderate since I am just a week passed with your return period and considering my family is been with Bestbuy for 8 years and bought most of our Electronics and even my baby's needs. Still, I respect your decision.

Now, I just opened the packaging last week and found out that the camera strap is missing. I called your Customer Service number, and the agent offered me a 5% discount for the missing strap and asked her if is it really normal that the box is not sealed and I am worried about it. She directed me to Olympus to confirm what should be the condition of the box since she has no idea so I contacted Olympus, and they confirmed that it should be sealed unless it is an open box. Then, I called Bestbuy again to ask why they sent me an open box. The agent talked to a supervisor named Andrea. Then, he told me that the 5% discount applied to me when I called for the missing trap is because it is an open box. I told the agent No, I am missing a value there and that is the reason why you gave me 5%. And then he is telling me, that yes if the strap is missing, I should assume that is indeed an open box. I can't believe what I am hearing at that moment.  And then I asked him again if he can ask Andrea again why they sent me an open box item even though I ordered a brand new one. And he said that is what Andrea advised him and can't even answer my question. And their decision is final that I can't return or even exchange the camera anymore and should email Bestbuy for any more concern. which I won't do since I know how they solved my issue, the first time I asked for consideration.  I have the employee number of the last agent I talked to, I can give that if needed.

Yes, I fully admit that it is beyond the return policy when I first asked to return it for the first time( yes, just 7days late and packaging is not even opened). Again, I respect your decision on that one. By the way, the ticket number is ********.

But now, after voicing out that I received an opened item even though I paid for a brand new one, do I really deserved to be here right now, looking for a manager to escalate this issue? I really hoped it is solved when I first contacted you on June 8, so this is not added to my workload right now as a new mother.

Legendary Hero of the Universe
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for a manager to escalate my issue.

Its possible that an open box one was sent in error. Its also one of the reason that everything should be inspected once you receive the item

Plugin_emailSignature.jpg

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hello.

Thanks for the explanation of your scenario, however, this is a peer-to-peer forum, and the customer service department and customer service managers do not monitor or participate on the forum. The community team on the forum is unable to help you with a resolution. I will forward this forum post to the customer service department along with your case number. I cannot promise any type of resolution, but someone from that department will reach out to you and provide all further assistance. Keep in mind, they might not be able to reach out to you instantaneously. If you would like, you can also contact customer service again and request that your issue be escalated.

I have edited out your case number from this post. For privacy reasons, we edit out all personal info, account info, and order info. 

Thanks!

BBYTerence

Community Coordinator

Plug-in | Join the conversation

Pioneer
0 Kudos

yes, you are right. It just happened that time,opening it is not prioritised due to my condition and what is happening to me.
Highlighted
Pioneer
0 Kudos

Thank you so much, admin.